“Worth not going to City BBQ”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #32 of 144 Restaurants in Hilliard
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We were going into Rusty Bucket and saw Dickey's on the corner and decided to give it a try. We always have to drive into Upper Arlington to get City BBQ. I got the brisket and my wife got the pork. It was just as good as CBBQ. The sides we got may need some improving. The baked potato casserole was really good but my creamed spinach was lukewarm. The jalapeño beans my wife had were a bit thin but tasty. The 3 sauces were yummy. Yes, maybe a little thin but still tasted good. The original may have been a little vinagre-y but I like that. Service was friendly. This place is worth supporting. Hilliard, support your new local BBQ Pit!

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant two times. Both times I have been very impressed. The food is delicious and the prices can't be beat. On Sundays kids eat free with any $10.00 purchase. They also offer a deal of the day. The pulled pork sandwich is great, it came with two sides. I chose a Ceaser salad & Mac n' cheese. Everyone in my party was happy with their food from the ribs to the sliders . We will return. There is limited seating and that is the only down side. They also have a coke freestyle machine which my kids loved. One more bonus: mini chipped ice!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Their barbecue is excellent and the staff are friendly. I love that they have a drive thru for those late evenings from work.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

There were 3 of us for supper. 2 in the party had the daily special of a pulled pork sandwich with 1 side and a drink for around $8. That was the best deal. The other person in the party had 1/2 lb brisket and a side and it was $12, without the drink!

The food was all delicious. All the meats were high quality and the sides were very tasty. We have been to other Dickey's and there were some things missing from this one. They did not have okra as a side and they did not have self serve ice cream - other locations had those and they were both delicious. We thought the prices were high if not having the daily special - I did not see other combo offers.

The seating is very cramped. There was barely room from the counter to stand to read the menu without getting in the way of people at the tables. Getting drinks and sauces was as cramped, right up against the seating.

I would go back however, in the future, I think I might want to just take it to go so there is plenty of room to eat and have elbow room.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

I always feel uncomfortable going to new places to eat. Trying to figure out what we are going to like can be a pain. Luckily new manager Kyle and his older brother ( not twins ) were there to help us. We arrived at about 5pm on a Saturday. They were not too busy to help us out. They explained a lot about the menu to us, and even let my picky eaters try samples of the wonderful sides they have. We had a half rack of ribs, pulled pork sandwich, and the brisket. Sides were green beans, loaded baked potato casserole, and the Mack and cheese. They made the order right there on front of us, and let me tell you. It was good. They service was wonderful the way the whole team took care of us. After we were done Kyle followed up to see how everything was. From my wife's mouth came out. It's better then City BBQ. It is.
He then brought out a small sample of the BBQ chicken, kielbasa, and cheddar /jalapeño kielbasa. I'm not big on hot/spicy food. However the cheddar jalapeño was good with a lot of flavor. The chicken was moist and flavored just right. In fact my wife does not like chicken, and I had a hard time getting a piece. The regular kielbasa was cooked perfectly.
You will love the sides, and different sauces.
I have to go back for the sliders, and the Texas Fritos. The rolls they are served on are very good.
Good job guys. And a special thanks to the young man prepping our order. They spices were good.