“Not a favorable place to stay!”

Knights Inn Hilliard/Columbus
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Hilliard
Reviewed 23 November 2016

When we arrived at Knights Inn, the staff was nice, but not very informative about the surrounding area when asked. When we got into our room, the bedroom appeared clean, but the beds were as hard as bricks. We honestly could have bounced golf balls off of them. The discomfort was unbelievable.
Following that, around 12am, my husband got up and saw baby cockroaches crawling around in the garbage can by the bathroom. Words can not put into detail the disgust associated with seeing them.
Our hot water for the sink was actually labeled as cold. It took me attempting to get water, to figure this out. I washed my hands with cold water until this was realized.
The overall feel for the place was just not good. When we checked out and informed the lady at the front desk that there were cockroaches in the room we stayed in, her response was "That's gross! I'll tell my manager when she comes in at 9am. Since you booked the room with a third party, there isn't anything I can do about the charges you accrued during the stay."
This is a place I will be sure to avoid in the future.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

For the price a very good hotel. Frt desk is great. Stayed 2 1/2 months. Quite and ckean.bad. my mattress was lumpy and turned up at the ends.I slept on other side sadand it was better.oover all enjoyed my stay

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2016

I booked this room 10-12 thru 10-16 for it's location and price, it also have some decent reviews online so that also persuaded me to try a lower tier hotel this time around. My experience there was mixed. I can only speak for the room I stayed in room 103 but you can see they have spent some money in upgrades with new carpet, new wall paint, 21" flat panel t.v., microwave, fridge, granite slab counter top, reskinned bathtub. The sq footage for the room was good sized with love seat for 2.

Now the bad: The furniture is very dinged up and dated, every piece in the room needed to be sanded down and restained. Wood is still in good shape but if you want to impress your guest this might be something to consider down the road. The light fixtures also looked to be from to 70's maybe 80's, they were old and it showed. The bedding blankets looked old, sheets looked newer. I travel with my own pillow and blankets so I can't rate them for comfort. I don't understand why you would reskin the tub and keep the original cold and hot water knobs, just cheapens the look. Also there was spider web in shower that was there long enough to collect dust and turn into a cobweb. Dust hanged from bath vent, a piece was over 1/2" long also close enough that I could touch it with my finger while standing on the ground. If I can see it housekeeping can see it and walk past it each day. Is it really that hard to pull the cover and run it under some water and clean every few months? After seeing that I didn't even bother pulling the filter for the room air system to check and see what state it was in, just feared the worse. The room had a very funny smell I couldn't put my finger on. It wasn't musty, if I had to guess it was off-gassing from the newer looking paint. That smell alone will keep me from rebooking unless I am really looking to save some cash. Also it took 22 minutes (9:45am to 10: 07am) for the lady at the front desk to check in a guest and check me out. When she finally did get to me there was no smile, there was no "how was your stay" inquiries or anything like that. That is unacceptable on any standard. I travel quite a bit each year across the east coast and midwest so I feel comfortable making these statements based off prior hotel experiences.

You can see they spent some money and really tried so this kills me to knock them like this but I picked this hotel with help from online reviews so I want to make sure you get a fair picture when you spend your hard earned money.

Room Tip: ask to smell the room before booking if possible
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Rick M
Reviewed 25 September 2016

I wrote a highly negative review of this motel back in 2009, as it was a dangerous dump at that time. Since then, the motel has changed hands and the reviews have improved, so I decided to give it another chance as I needed a modestly priced room for one night. The new management has refurbished the place and gotten rid of the undesirable long-term residents. The motel is clean, and it felt reasonably safe. Towels and bedding are average to a bit above for a budget motel. Lots of food choices nearby, and easy access to/from the interstate. Provided that you have reasonable expectations for a budget motel, I think you'll be happy with this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the office.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

You get what you pay for. Cheaper is not better. The decor was outdated and everything felt dirty. As darkness approached I felt I was staying in a motel for vagrants! It appeared many of the guests were actually long term residents. Woke in the morning with red eyes. Not sure what caused it but within an hour of departing my eyes were back to normal. Needless to say I checked at early and found a much better hotel closer to where I needed to be.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilliard
6 km away
0.3 km away
Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard
0.8 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard

Been to Knights Inn Hilliard/Columbus? Share your experiences!