All reviewsunder new managementfifth floorfront desknice hotelconferencecleveland
Reviewed 18 March 2018

Booked this hotel, due to going to a concert in downtown Cleveland. Most the hotels in the area were already booked. When we got here the desk clerk Michael informed me that he had ungraded our room to the executive floor. Special key access. Michael was super nice , explaining that the hotel was under new management, and that the owner was trying to makeup for the past and make everything nice. Unfortunately, the room didn't have a couch bed so our teenager pushed to chairs together and they got us some blankets and pillows. Other than that, nice place to stay. They also had these essential oil packets to help you sleep at night, amazing touch guys, I love essential oils.

Room Tip: Quieter floor
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We were in the area for a hockey tournament, stayed because it was the location chosen by the tournament organization. Disappointed the hotel didn’t keep all the hockey teams together.

Great access to the ice rinks, shopping, restaurants and entertainment.

Our room was tiny. Had two full beds, but the room was crowded with the other furniture. Bathroom was small. No fridge or microwave. We were located on the first floor right next to the entrance from the parking lot, so it was loud all the time. Staff was friendly enough.

Overall the hotel is in need of major renovations. Would not recommend

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hello Lbaker3366,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am glad that the hotel location proved to be convenient and staff service was pleasant. I hope you enjoyed the easy access shops and restaurants in the area!

I am sorry you felt that the room received was small and that the hotel condition was below par. I want for your stays with us to be pleasant. I have shared your comments with the hotel management as reference during our periodic review of the property. I trust that measures taken will positively impact your next stay with us.

Consider staying with us again so we can serve you better.

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel was very nice and because we were Gold club members we we granted and up grade. We were in room 502 and this was simply the best. The server Sandy during the business hours was just great. She went way above the normal to help us out and make our stay very good.
We will stay at this hotel on our next visit to Cleveland in 2 weeks.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

First stay here. No housekeeping help. The 1980’s called.. please update. Great locale, but.. up to my ankles while showering, ac/h/fan is extremely loud. Re-invest ..ROI will increase 20%. Great customer service in restaurant/ bar. It is easy access to Business at Summit .

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Hi cflanagan2016,

Thank you for your stay and for being an IHG Rewards Club member. Your feedback is extremely important as this will help us to achieve our mission to provide the perfect guest experience. Thank you for noting the good customer service received from our bar and restaurant staff.

On the other hand, I am sorry for the service let down by our housekeeping team. I also regret the inconvenience you had with the air conditioning system. Our guest's comfort remains a priority and I apologize for letting you feel otherwise. I have taken note of your comments and shared them with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements accordingly.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Located off the main drag, hotel is within a short drive of many eateries and bars. It’s clean and well run with good staff. Our room which was on the fifth floor was clean, well laid out and had a fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. Bed was firm but comfortable, Wife had a backache in the morning though. Hotel did a good job with quieter rooms up top and children friendly on lower levels. Would recommend.

Room Tip: We had room 515 at front of hotel. Bit of road noise, but was fine.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple