All reviews two bedroom suite full kitchen different buildings front desk main building own bathroom family vacation room was clean marriott properties nice size yogurt spent two nights hotel is located every staff member an older property a great stay hot items
Reviewed 7 March 2018

We stayed within the Fireplace King Suite. Spacious room, comfortable bed, full kitchen. The room was clean for the most part, nothing a few Clorox wipes couldn't solve. Travelers should know that this is not your average hotel, as the rooms are setup in a duplex layout. It looks like that of multiple houses divided into apartments, with a separate entrance for each, For us, it was great, offered a little more privacy, but others should know the setup. We had a ground floor suite, which was great. But if your looking to sleep in, or going to lounge in your room for majority of the day, I would suggest requesting a room on the top level, to avoid hearing any noise coming from the second floor.

We updated our check-in time through the Marriott app, which was great, since we were arriving almost 2 hours earlier than the scheduled check-in of 3PM. Upon arrival, our room was ready, and the attendant at the desk was very personable, so was the attendant who also checked us out.

We tried the breakfast buffet on our last day, which had plenty of options, with a combination of hot and cold foods, cereal, yogurt, and even a waffle station.

Location is definitely a plus, driving distance to multiple restaurants, such as LongHorn Steakhouse, Outback Steakhouse, Bonefish Grill, Applebees, and many others. There is a Walgreens within 5 mins driving distance as well. Cleveland is no more than a 15 minute drive.

Room Tip: The rooms are setup in a duplex layout. It looks like that of multiple houses divided into apartments, with a separate entrance for each.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Colleen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Thank you Marium Z for taking the time to provide such incredible feedback. We absolutely have a unique layout at our property where guests feel right at home as opposed to being in a Hotel. The location as you mentioned is key as we are close to a variety of great restaurants. It is nice to hear you took advantage of using the Marriott app. Our team does everything they can to take care of guests requests when available so I am happy to hear they were able to get you secured in your suite prior to our normal check in time. It sounds like you were able to enjoy some of the great amenities we offer. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity of having you back as our guest.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on a trip to Cleveland to visit the Christmas Story House. It was wonderful! It was clean, the kitchen had everything we needed, and the bed was very comfortable. It was somewhat inconvenient to have to leave the room and drive to the main bldg for breakfast, but the selection and food were very good. Our room had a fireplace, which was wonderful. I called ahead and found out the front desk sells Duraflame logs for $6 each, so we bought a few at a home improvement store before we checked in for much cheaper. It was a great stay, and I hope to go back next time I’m in the area.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Colleen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your wonderful experience while being our guest. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the spacious layout of the Suites in addition to our breakfast. Our property has a unique layout with individual entrances so you feel right at home. You are correct that our Fireplaces do take a certain log so I am happy our team shared this information with you so you could bring some along for your trip. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Independence.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

The Residence Inn was headquarters for a birding group exploring Cleveland this past weekend. I was very pleased with the accommodations. I had a full-sized room with king bed and a full kitchen. What I really appreciated was that this was a quiet location - not noisy at all. The staff was extremely helpful (note: the computer in the lobby was not programmed to obtain/print airline boarding passes - so the staff assisted me with the use of another computer to get this done) The breakfast was just what was needed, a combination of hot and cold foods. I only used the kitchen to heat up some leftovers from restaurant dinners - any equipment I needed was there. The location was also convenient - easy to drive to Cleveland attractions and the airport. The units I saw were on two-levels and some steps were required to get to most of those I saw. For my unit, one approach had steps but the other, only one. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: December 2017
Colleen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent trip to Cleveland. We were thrilled to be your host hotel for this event and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our team takes great pride in ensuring all of our guests feel right at home. I know you all had a busy schedule so I am glad to hear that you were able to come back and relax in your suite. We look forward to the opportunity of having you back in the future should your travels return you to the Cleveland area.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Was there on a business trip tor 3 days also with my aunt and my baby. Every morning, 8/9ish, before I could even leave for work - housekeeping was pounding on the door. Even though we had the DO NOT DISTURB magnet on the door. Ridiculous.

We were told check out was at 1 pm. I left my event early so that I could be back in time. My aunt reported that housekeeping had pounded on the door THREE times even after she told them that we would depart by 1pm and asked them not to come back. When I returned at 12:15, they had parked the cleaning cart right outside the room. How welcoming/inviting...

Also, a lot o the silverware was missing. We had like, 2 spoons, forks and mugs. There was no dish detergent to hand wash items, only a couple of those dishwasher pods. I went out to buy plastic stuff.

The room itself was satisfactory - we had the two bedroom/bath suite. No complaints about the room itself. But, 2 stars off for your rude housekeeping staff.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Colleen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. My team takes great pride in ensuring all of our guests have an enjoyable stay so I will be sure to review the concerns you mentioned. I am really surprised that they continued to knock as I have not had this concern before but we will most certainly review this with our team as we want to make sure our guests feel right at home while being our guest. Thank you so much for staying with us. We look forward to the opportunity of having you back as our guest should your travels return you to the Independence area.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

This hotel is a little older. Rooms are outside and you have to walk up steps on upper levels. Staff is very nice and knowledgeable. Rooms are nice too. Big and clean. It is definitely a place that I would return to.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Colleen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you for your recent review on your experience at our hotel. We like to think of our hotel layout as unique in the fact that you feel more at home and less of the feeling of being in a hotel. Our individual entrance and separate buildings allow our guest to relax and enjoy their spacious suites. They were just recently renovated and have a nice modern look to them. I am happy to hear you had great encounters with our incredible team. They truly are what make this hotel so special. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Independence.