US$121
US$116
US$129
Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence(Independence)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$119
US$111
US$101
US$119
All reviewslive bandclub roomnice bathroomtypical holiday innoutback steakhousemini fridgefitness centerindians gamefamily reunionconvenient locationrockside roadimpulseballroomclevelandconferenceshuttlemelt
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Stayed at the holiday inn rockside road recently. I am a gold IHG Member. Made a reservation there because they wanted $50 more a night to stay at the Springhill Suites. I got an executive room floor. What a joke. When I checked in, the woman said I could have a free drink or amenity points. I said just one free drink (2 of us in the room)?, she said yes, so I took the points. The hotel charged my credit card for about $40 over the cost of the room before I even got to the room. They also told me they were giving me a free buffet breakfast--I said just one?, they said most HI's don't give it. At the happy hour in the executive lounge there was one sad hot unidentifiable appetizer and one small bit of wine left at 5:30 p.m. (happy hour goes to 7 p.m.). The bar there is a throw back to the 70's--skankyish girls dancing together and lonely businessmen. I have to say the room was clean though. Too bad the sun came through the gap at the end of the window in the early morning.Breakfast in the executive lounge was no better. No juice. The couple there with us had to dig in the cupboards to find plates and silverware since none was set out. There was oatmeal, breads and fruit, but not even cold cereal. Why try to be upscale when you are not??No one there to serve. At check out no one asked how my stay was. They knew better. I will avoid any hotels owned by this company in the future. Next time I will spend the extra $50 bucks. You can walk to dinner from there to Bonefish or Outback. It is far to drag your suitcase to the executive side and one elevator was out of service (the working one smelled ancient).

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2018

We stayed here for a conference, and mind you, I'm not snobby about my hotels, but this hotel was seriously beyond the pale. The hotel itself was old and tired, although reported as being updated. I will say the bed was comfortable and the staff was very helpful. Outside from that, there is really no reason to stay here, I would go so far as to recommend checking out adjacent hotels if your conference is here.

The lobby is almost nonexistent, the bar-lounge is cheesy and devoid of any charm what-so-ever, and the layout of the hotel is maze like and remarkably not user friendly, not unlike a mouse searching for the cheese in a famine.

The breakfast food was utilitarian, the type of massed produced, practically embalmed food straight off the truck, unwrapped, and served. The fruit salad was surely the saving grace.

As for the gym/pool: in name only. The pool is small and really meant for parents of small children as a means of killing time. The fitness room is merely a glass enclosed cubicle. one of the ancient treadmills was in use, the other was broken.

I told my husband I'm not coming back next year.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Tom M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I would like to start by apologizing for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. and we will use you comments to provide a better experience in the future. The hotel will be undergoing a renovation beginning at the end of the year. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you at next years conference.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We have been coming here for a yearly conference for the past 9 years and it’s a great place for it. Hotel is always clean, beds are comfortable with an extremely friendly staff. And it’s worth the money we pay to stay here. Will continue to attend the conference.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Tom M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you so much for continually choosing our hotel over the years. It's always great to hear when our guests enjoy their stay with us and that our staff takes great care of them. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you at your next annual conference.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

This hotel was recommended for a week of business meetings in nearby Independence, although Cleveland is still relatively close. The airport is very accessible and the hotel offers an excellent shuttle service. As an international group of 8 persons we used the shuttle daily to and from our meetings without any issues. The double room I had on the second floor was very spacious, clean and had a good wifi connection. The bathroom was also a good size and toiletries were added daily. The bed was both large and comfortable. I only had breakfast on the final morning of the week as I decided to use the fitness center at the hotel. There is a good size swimming pool that nobody seems to use!! The fitness room is relatively small (2 x treadmill, 1 x bike, 1 x cross-trainer and an assortment of dumbbell weights) which is very busy with 4 people at 6.30am. The biggest negative was that one treadmill was out of order all week, so running had some people arriving before 6am. Other than that, no problem. The hotel is quite large, so I would have to question though whether the fitness room is not too small?? Finally, we had a good rate which was $150 less for the week, except I hadn't booked direct with the hotel. On checking out I mentioned this and they gave me the lower rate without question. The duty manager (missed her name) was always available and the staff at the hotel reception were always very helpful. We tried the restaurant one evening and it was okay. There are several places within a few minutes walking distance if you want to eat out, but if staying for a night the hotel restaurant is fine. On that point, the nearby restaurants get really busy. We never reserved and other than the first night where we tried Bone Fish next door, that place was always heavily booked with 1.5 to 2 hour waiting times. I recommend walking a few blocks to the Melt Bar and Grilled. A lot of cheese and not something you want to try on a regular basis, but it tastes so good!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you so much for such detailed feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again on a future stay.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

The city was very busy and I chose this hotel as other were fully booked.
Nice typical holiday Inn hotel. Nice dinner They have restaurant and bar. Very good breakfast. Highly recommend. I will come back again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Tom M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy you had a great visit and appreciated your recommendation to others as well. We look forward to seeing you again!