“Get the Chicken and Waffles!”
Review of Cherry Street Pub

Cherry Street Pub
Ranked #1 of 147 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Pub
Description: One step into the Cherry Street Pub and you will find a casual coziness that will quickly reminds you of a centuries old English pub. The 100 year old building has been classically updated with new furnishings and modern television screens, while preserving the building's original charm and character. You won't find any chain restaurant here. Every dish is homemade and freshly prepared down to our salad dressings, cole slaw and barbeque sauce. It's food with the freshest ingredients. Food you simply won't find anywhere else. And food that perfectly pairs with our wide selection of craft beers and other libations.
Reviewed 6 March 2017

So my fiance and I go to the Cherry St Pub every now and then. Today we went there after a long at a local park and I am so glad we did. Service was great as always and while I was looking for steak (which they have and it is locally sourced) the Pecan Chicken and Waffles caught my eye.

It comes as a full Belgian with two breasts of battered and fried Chicken (there had to have been pecans in the coating). But what really sets it apart is the syrup. It is like a maple syrup with spicy infused into it. So it's not "scary monster voice HOTTTT", it's more like "soft spoken and gentle ...hot...". If Sweet and Spicy were talking, Sweet would be louder, but Spicy would be adding important points to the conversation.

So yeah, get the Chicken and Waffles!

1  Thank swirlymaster

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Found Cherry Street Pub on TripAdvisor during a visit to Rising Park. This place is everything promised. Excellent food and staff and I love the atmosphere. I had the Sun Salad which was delicious, my son had the pork mac and cheese and he ate every bite! When they brought out my husband's fish and chips the waitress said that it was more done then they would like (we couldn't tell) so they were going to bring him out more as soon as they were cooked properly, but they didn't want him to have to wait. They were so gracious and kind and the food was top notch. The staff was very attentive and the owner (i think ) personally delivered several meals to tables and made sure everyone was happy. What a wonderful find. Cant wait to come back and try the chicken and waffles.

1  Thank Agknice
Reviewed 26 February 2017

They have a variety of menu items! I was impressed! Good portion and delicious! Good service during busy lunchtime. I was hesitant to visit due to some controversy I read about this place but forget it and try this local place! I'm glad I did!

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here on our way to a short getaway in the Hocking Hills and were looking for a late lunch that would carry us through the evening. We couldn't have found a better spot that fit exactly what we wanted. The Cherry Street has a great beer menu (high on my list), a varied, maybe "funky" menu (try the Polliwog Dip appetizer) with plenty of appealing choices and at least on the day of our visit, a fruit crisp and ice cream desert special that made my wife's day. Service was fast and friendly and the food was excellent. My wife and I had sandwiches, mine the breaded pork and hers the fried bologna (comfort food), and they were both really delicious. As a bonus, they don't skip on size with their sandwiches so we left full and satisfied. To paraphrase Arnold, "We'll be back."

2  Thank apassen
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Went on a Friday night a little after 8pm. The place was packed, usually a good sign. I was by myself, since I was in from out of town on business. Found a seat at the bar and waiting about 5 minutes to be greeted. Looked at the menu for a few minutes, and then waiting over 10 minutes for bartender to take my order. Yes it was a busy Friday night but my bartender was more focused talking to regulars. I had the salt and pepper tuna and the pulled pork mac and cheese. Probably one of the best meals I've ever had. Unfortunately had to ask for silverware, wait for my beer. All silly things that deterred from an otherwise excellent experience. I did not speak to a manager, I did see them engaged and talking to staff and guest which is wonderful. I still tipped well and even reminded the bartender to charge me for my beer. If I were in town again I'd probably wait for a table.

1  Thank Adria W

Been to Cherry Street Pub? Share your experiences!