“Go at least once a week”
Review of Hot Head Burritos

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hot Head Burritos
Reviewed 27 May 2017

This particular Hot Head seems to be better than most - very happy with the amount of rice/meat/vegetables we are given.

Nice variation to "fast food" and a little healthier!

Reviewed 26 January 2016

We have frequently picked up carryout from Hot Head Burritos and love it. The available portion sizes and choice of items to include are much better than other similar restaurants (such as Chipotle). The staff is very friendly as well - great service and great food.

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

The minute I walked in I knew this wasn't quite what I had in mind. It's reminiscent of Subway but with burritos instead of subs. You can choose between a bowl or a burrito. They have rice with cilantro (not cilantro lime rice; major distinction), beans, meats, salsas, cheeses, lettuce, and sour cream. Then you can add a sauce and there are plenty of them to choose from. I picked the Hot Head sauce. It's like thousand island dressing with a kick. And just like Subway, you can get an Otis Spunkmeyer cookie to finish off the meal.

"Our sauces separate us from our competition," the girl behind the counter told a customer. I assure you that isn't the only difference. The food was ok. For awhile I wasn't sure what was off. Then I saw into the kitchen. Basically nothing is fresh made. Their shelves are packed with canned food and bottled sauces. I watched a pre-shredded bag of cheese be sliced open and dumped into the serving tray. The chips tasted of cardboard.

When I was done I was left with the feeling that I could've made this at home. It wasn't unique or different. It's a weak attempt at recreating the wheel, with sauce.

Chipotle and Qdoba serve fresh food made fresh daily. You can taste it. You can see it. Skip Hot Heads unless the draw of their sauces is stronger than your desire to eat well made food.