We recently stayed at the Twin Oaks cabin with a group of 8 women. I would probably give this cabin 3.5 stars, rounded up to 4 since 3.5 isn't an option.
(1) The owner is very responsive to texts/emails and is attentive during your stay (he lives on the property, will tour the place with you at check-in, may come down to check and make sure everything is ok the first day and will pick up trash daily);
(2) The location is great - convenient to shopping & restaurants but also has that "in the middle of nowhere" feel;
(3) The house would comfortably hold 10-12 people (any more than that might be pushing it with only 2 bathrooms, some small beds and a dining area seating capacity of 9);
(4) The kitchen was surprisingly well stocked with the notable exception of dish towels and paper towels (luckily we brought our own);
(5) The heat works VERY well (there is a wood burning heater as well as electric heat);
(6) There is Direct TV with a bunch of great movie channels and the theatre room was great;
(7) Most everyone in our group said the beds were really comfortable;
(8) The outdoor space at this cabin is fantastic - plenty of great decks, seating, a couple fun swings, and the fire pit isn't too far away from the house; and,
(9) There is a landline telephone here which is a bonus - this ties into my comments below.
The not-so-good and just some warnings:
(1) The place could use a deep clean - most everything was "surface" clean except the showers, they needed a lot of attention and new curtain liners, and we also found some dirty dishes/silverware in the cabinets;
(2) As is relatively typical for this area, the house has well water - just a warning because it does smell and a couple people in my group were pretty bothered by the smell;
(3) Getting back to this cabin would be absolutely terrifying if there was snow on the ground and you didn't have AWD - VERY skinny concrete "road" back there and steep hills;
(4) There is very little to no cell reception at this cabin. There is wifi but the bandwidth(?) will not support more than about 6 people being connected at the same time. Luckily there was a landline and we could give that number out to relatives in case of emergency;
(5) I only saw a closet in maybe two of the bedrooms and there aren't any dressers so you may be living out of a suitcase; and,
(6) Although this cabin is located on 22ac, there are also several other cabins/houses on the same acreage or close, and they are visible from this cabin. That didn't bother us but I know it might bother some people, especially since one cabin was within "yelling" distance to us and they said hi a few times. :)
Overall this was a great cabin for us since everyone got their own bed and there was plenty of space to stretch out. We also had basically everything we needed to make a fabulous dinner with dessert. I'd recommend this cabin and would probably stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Cassady's Hilltop Cabin Logan, Ohio