All reviews the kitchen fire pit hot tub twin swing winter
Reviewed 14 March 2017

We recently stayed at the Twin Oaks cabin with a group of 8 women. I would probably give this cabin 3.5 stars, rounded up to 4 since 3.5 isn't an option.

The good:
(1) The owner is very responsive to texts/emails and is attentive during your stay (he lives on the property, will tour the place with you at check-in, may come down to check and make sure everything is ok the first day and will pick up trash daily);
(2) The location is great - convenient to shopping & restaurants but also has that "in the middle of nowhere" feel;
(3) The house would comfortably hold 10-12 people (any more than that might be pushing it with only 2 bathrooms, some small beds and a dining area seating capacity of 9);
(4) The kitchen was surprisingly well stocked with the notable exception of dish towels and paper towels (luckily we brought our own);
(5) The heat works VERY well (there is a wood burning heater as well as electric heat);
(6) There is Direct TV with a bunch of great movie channels and the theatre room was great;
(7) Most everyone in our group said the beds were really comfortable;
(8) The outdoor space at this cabin is fantastic - plenty of great decks, seating, a couple fun swings, and the fire pit isn't too far away from the house; and,
(9) There is a landline telephone here which is a bonus - this ties into my comments below.

The not-so-good and just some warnings:
(1) The place could use a deep clean - most everything was "surface" clean except the showers, they needed a lot of attention and new curtain liners, and we also found some dirty dishes/silverware in the cabinets;
(2) As is relatively typical for this area, the house has well water - just a warning because it does smell and a couple people in my group were pretty bothered by the smell;
(3) Getting back to this cabin would be absolutely terrifying if there was snow on the ground and you didn't have AWD - VERY skinny concrete "road" back there and steep hills;
(4) There is very little to no cell reception at this cabin. There is wifi but the bandwidth(?) will not support more than about 6 people being connected at the same time. Luckily there was a landline and we could give that number out to relatives in case of emergency;
(5) I only saw a closet in maybe two of the bedrooms and there aren't any dressers so you may be living out of a suitcase; and,
(6) Although this cabin is located on 22ac, there are also several other cabins/houses on the same acreage or close, and they are visible from this cabin. That didn't bother us but I know it might bother some people, especially since one cabin was within "yelling" distance to us and they said hi a few times. :)

Overall this was a great cabin for us since everyone got their own bed and there was plenty of space to stretch out. We also had basically everything we needed to make a fabulous dinner with dessert. I'd recommend this cabin and would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2016

my husband and I have stayed here twice now. both times in the trail. first time as a couple and then we took our family back. We love the place and will return. It is secluded and you are left alone to your privacy. I did see some dust on a couple of things-but hey not any worse then I do in my own home.. haha.. The grill burner was rusted and wouldn't burn to it's full potential, but we take our own rack to put over an open fire to cook anyways. And from the time we were there last year alone, there were many updated changes this year. We love it there.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

We recently stayed in The View cabin for 3 nights. You could tell that it was only service clean and hadn't been deep cleaned in awhile- we were not aware that the bathroom was in the bedroom- which made it awkward- the shower was not tall enough to take a comfortable shower- shower head was lucky to be 5ft tall. Mattress was absolutely terrible- extremely hard. The tv was old and had a bad picture. They had direct TV but couldn't watch hardly any of the channels. Other then, it was a nice stay- located near many attractions.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the Trail cabin and there were lots of cob webs, the refrigerator and hot tub was dirty and stove burners did not work. We left a day early and won't be returning. Not a very inviting place.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank me m
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Place is not clean ! Mattresses are nasty and ripped. Couches were disgusting! Mouse poop and food under the cushions. I totally understand you're in the country and you're going to have mice and spiders and bugs and what not but clean it up !!!!! We did not even use the them ! and there is lots of spiders and some other kind of bugs in the cabin so wash everything b4 you bring it in your house !!! These may be newer cabins but not clean !

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends