“Great BBQ restaurant with a broad menu.”

Millstone Restaurant Smoked BBQ
Ranked #4 of 43 Restaurants in Logan
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2018

They have an appetizer that is bacon wrapped burnt ends. Excellent. They bring you some type of cornbread muffins which are just okay until you start eating the butter and then you don't want to stop. Lots of ways to try their different offerings with trio slider plates and dinner samplers. Green beans were good. Not too much meat in them. I would like a vinegar based sauce option. Great selection of beers on tap. Knowledgeable staff who find the best way for you to get the most of what you're looking for from their various options.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to spend a few days in the Hocking Hills area hiking. Needless to say when dinner time came, the usual question came up... what do you want for dinner?
Well, this was day 2. We decided after hiking all day to stop in Logan and check out Millstone BBQ. O.M.G. the beef brisket is spectacular. The portion size is just right and we left feeling full, not stuffed, or over charged.
Next time we are back in the Hocking Hills area, we will be back.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

The parking lot was full and we had to wait a bit to be seated, but it was worth the wait. We had prompt attentive service. Everyone in our group was very satisfied with their meal choices.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

I have to say first that I had a tap beer and it had to be the coldest beer I ever had at a restaurant but, we weren't that excited about the food. My sausage was pretty good but, the Mac and cheese was like putting macaroni noodles in a bowl and covering them with large ladle of cheese sauce ( way too much sauce) and I would expect while at a BBQ joint, they would have a Smokey taste but, they didn't. The cole slaw seemed store bought and dry. My wife had the two meat dinner which included Brisquet and pulled pork, both of which were very dry. They only have two kinds of BBQ sauces on the table as well so if you like to sample several types of BBQ sauces as I do, this isn't the place.
Great looking building, clean, friendly staff but, we didn't have much luck with the food which was disappointing, we have driven by there many times and they are always busy so we assumed it was going to be Great.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Atmosphere similar to a Red Robin or TGIF. Food is outstanding. The smoked meats are tender and flavorful with a delicious variety of sauces. It's difficult not to fill up on the amazing cornbread while waiting for your meal. Our friendly server, Erika worked really hard to please all her hungry customers.

Been to Millstone Restaurant Smoked BBQ? Share your experiences!