US$149
Country Inn
Quality Inn & Suites(Mansfield)(Great Value!)
US$104
QualityInn
US$138
US$117
HolidayInn.com
Travelodge by Wyndham Mansfield(Mansfield)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$89
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$109
US$93
Hotels.com
US$239
Hampton.com
All reviewsjacuzzi tubmanor housefire pitstovekitchenetteunitsretreatcabinaccommodations
Reviewed 29 September 2015

We stayed for two nights on a special "two for one" offer, while visiting Malabar Farm (about 7 miles down the road, an easy drive). This is a very pretty hillside collection of duplex cottages, plus a manor house (Victorian) and a sort of a ski lodge, all available for rental. It is next door to the Snow Trails ski slope.

The cottages are very attractive, with skylights & ceiling fans, decorated in shades of sage and lavender -- the photos do not do them justice. We had an exceptionally comfortable bed! and sliding doors leading to a private deck. One of the best features is a HUGE modern bathroom with a giant jacuzzi tub -- what a pleasure! Whatever the source of hot water, it is abundant (in the past, we'd had jacuzzi tubs that never filled completely without running out of hot water). There is also a regular shower. We went in late September, but that jacuzzi must be pure heaven after a day on the slopes.

There are 14 duplex cottages, or 28 units. 7 are by the manmade pond in the middle, 3 by the road and 4 more are up the hill. If we come again, I'll ask for one up the hill -- more quiet and private and wooded than the others. However, they are all identical. You have a choice of one side with a deck, or the other has a bay addition that might hold an extra bed, futon or sitting area. Each unit has a "micro kitchen" with sink, microwave, mini-fridge, coffeemaker and toaster, plus silverware and mugs. There are some units with a small stove.

Amazingly this all looks & feels like you are in the remotest forest, yet it is literally 2 miles from the I-71 exit (Mansfield), which has all the usual fast food, a Walmart, Applebees, etc.

There were a few roughspots: our first night, a large group of fishermen rented 5 cottages, and threw a huge party for their friends (maybe 40 guys) drinking and partying. Hopefully this is not a typical occurrence. The noise and mess were disconcerting, to say the least (though our cottage was soundproofed enough, we heard and saw nothing so long as we stayed INSIDE). Fortunately they left early the next day. Once they were gone, it was peaceful and lovely. There are woods and plenty of places to walk. We had a dog, and this was a great, pet friendly stay.

Be aware that there is little or NO cellphone reception -- we had to drive to Walmart to pick up a signal! and no room phones or even a pay phone on the property. This was a little unnerving (what if there was an emergency?). There is also no wi fi, but I assume you are going for peace & quiet, not internet.

The cottages are one large bedroom, with a queen bed and a futon/sofa. I guess you could squeeze 3 folks in here, but frankly, it is for couples. I think a couple with young children would feel a bit claustrophobic. But for just two, it is romantic and relaxing.

There is no restaurant or food service, but as I said, plenty of eateries just 3 minutes away and some who deliver to the property. And it feels very woodsy & private.

Close to Mohican State Park, and the famous Malabar Farm State Park, as well as maybe 10 minutes from downtown Mansfield (which has a wonderful merry-go-round on public square).

Room Tip: If you have a choice, go for cottages 121-128 -- up the hill, in a beautiful wooded section -- and not the ones right by the road.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laurel F
Reviewed 1 September 2015

While in Mansfield we stayed at the Manor House at Spruce Hill. It was large enough for our entire family-- 12 in all! It is always hard to find a place for that many under one roof! The Manor House was the largest of a number of cottages in a quiet, lovely area by Snow Trails. We loved the back patio with the fire pit for some-mores and the great area for all the kids to play. Family from the area joined us in the evenings for conversation on the back patio so it holds lots of people! We appreciated that the kitchen was so well equipped - we prepared a luncheon for 100 people for a 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration in the kitchen. I was worried that what I needed would not be there but it was. Our hostess was very nice and gracious. This is a great place to stay!!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2015

I have made many reviews of resorts, hotels, business, but I haven't done one for a cottage before. As my wife and I were on a Dreamtrip here, we were overwhelmingly surprised at not only the accommodations but the hospitality of the owners.
Jim and Beth made our trip even more comfortable than we deserved. Our cottage had an awesome Jacuzzi tub, very awesome water pressure, it was so clean! This was an awesome getaway weekend.

I would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone who is passing through whether staying for the races, skiing, or just wanting to get away from it all!

Thank you Beth and Jim for the Dreamtrip and the friendships we gained!!

Room Tip: Some cottages have back porches, some do not receive wifi due to distance from main lodge.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank CurryRussell
Reviewed 5 August 2015

I got the cottage via Groupon. This would be a great place for families. The village of cottages is tucked away next to Snow Trails (ski resort). In the winter you could walk to Snow Trails. The cottage had a stove and microwave. There was a hot tub in the room (nice touch).

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank THINGS2LIVE4
Reviewed 24 July 2015 via mobile

We recently had the pleasure of staying here for a few weeks while working in the area. I have nothing but positive things to say about the property, rooms, and staff. As someone who travels a majority of the year, it is a real treat to find somewhere that truly feels like "Home away from home".
The grounds were very well maintained with lots of flowers and a great pond with a few turtles that I found as a great spot for relaxation and meditation. Because they have some pet friendly accommodations, I was also able to bring my dog along, who seemed to enjoy the room to explore.
The cottage that I stayed in was very clean and maintained, and had a kitchenette that was just right for light cooking. The jacuzzi tub was also a huge help with a sore back on a couple occasions. Because of our work schedule, we requested housekeeping as needed, and were always taken care of promptly. The only suggestions I would have for improvement in the cottage would be an increase in the Internet speed and maybe a few more cups in the cupboard.
I was most impressed with the helpfulness of the inkeepers and the staff who were always professional and going out of the way to make sure we had a perfect stay.
Overall, it was a great experience, and I will definitely return here if I have the opportunity.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business