“Very good option ”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 160 Restaurants in Mason
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located in Deerfield Town Center. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour Monday thru Friday 4PM - 7PM and Saturday & Sunday 1PM - 5PM in the FIREBAR(R) and on the Patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

It's a good restaurant, really cool and with a lot of options...fish, meat, seafood...
The prices are correct and the service (waiters) is more than correct!!!

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Really good food choices, high end service and a cool vibe. The decor is very modern classic. The pricing is reasonable for the quality of the food, service and ambience. It is part of a chain but feels like a high end NYC restaurant. We had dinner salads, and they were both very tasty.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I would call this one a 3 1/2 if I could.

I've visited two different nights, once to do drinks at the bar and once to do dinner.

Let's start with dinner. The bread was forgettable. It had a hard outer shell and was over-baked, which is bad considering dinner time had just started. The bread should have been fresh. They provided enough butter for about half the loaf.

I got the blue cheese filet with parmesan mashed potatoes. For the price of $28, portion size was lacking. I believe I tasted cheese in only one bite of my mashed potatoes.

Don't get me wrong.....they food was good, but I expected better for the price. The service, while not bad, was plastic and not as attentive as it should have been.

Now for happy hour at the bar. My drinks had hardly any alcohol in them. The buffalo chicken tenders were good. Clientele was your typical aloof/pretentious/plastic/nouveau riche Mason/Deerfield Township crowd. Watch them space out like the parting of the Red Sea when they are looking for seats. You won't make conversation with them. Another forgettable experience.

This restaurant is trying to be slightly more upscale than a Ruby Tuesday's. My suggestion is pay a little bit more and go to a restaurant that is actually upscale.

Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear NoCleverCreation,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent two visits with us at our Mason location. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your Bleu Cheese Filet and your Buffalo Chicken Tenders but I am sorry to read you did not experience the value we aim to deliver in our food or our bar beverages. Your feedback is invaluable to us, so I will be sharing your experience with our management team.

Thank you.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

This review is about 1 year late...but I am going to post it anyway.... So I went to this restaurant a second time as my girlfriend wanted to go there... So I again ordered that same salad with the same substitution & request for NO bacon.

Believe it or not, it came out AGAIN with bacon. But this time it was daytime and I could see the bacon clearly... I asked for a Manager, and it was one of the same Managers' that remembered that first night we were there.... She comp'd. my lunch....

Now some of you may think, that's great... That is NOT my opinion. I NEVER want anything for free, I simply want what I ordered and surprising as it may seem, I just want servers to listen & pay attention to what their customers are asking for...

So the same problem with different waiters, I hope that the current servers are sharper than the 2 I had... I did ask if that original server was still working there, no he had moved on....maybe he went back to Bob Evans where most people order pork products!

Cincinnati, OH (vegetarian/non-meat eater since 1962, grew up on an IL cattle farm)
Reviewed July 7, 2015
WAIT- do not go during their "trial opening"!!!!

1  Thank Patty L
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Patty,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide a review on your experience last year with our Mason location. I am very disappointed we messed up on your order twice especially for something like that. There is no excuse and I am very thankful you let us know. I am letting the leadership team know this happened not once, but twice.

Thank you.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We came to this restaurant after a long day at Kings Island. There was 3 couples that made up our group so we wanted somewhere nice, and somewhere that had steak. Well, this place did not disappoint. Overall, it's a little pricey... but if you can get past that, the food is completely worth it! From the bread, to the appetizers, to the main course, and even dessert, nothing was to complain about! The prime rib was delicious. The carrot cake was out of this world. I highly recommend this restaurant!