“What a find!”
Review of Timber Lodge

Timber Lodge
Ranked #2 of 137 Restaurants in Medina
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Timber Lodge, Famous for Thick Flame Grilled Steaks, Fresh Seafood and Rotisserie Prime Rib of Beef. Huge portions, eye catching plates, quality food and outstanding service. Full bar with Featured Wines and Martinis. Enjoy the Rustic interior of this one of a kind classic. Built in the late 180os, serving generations of locals and travelers looking for something more than "The Chain" restaurants. Cozy up near the giant stone fireplace, enjoy Fresh Nightly Features,and save room. They have award winning desserts including a Carrot Cake that "TOWERS". No one leaves hungry
Reviewed 11 June 2017

My wife and I were travelling from Kentucky to New York and randomly stopped for the day in Medina Ohio. She found the Timber Lodge on the 'ole iPhone, and off we went. It's a bit "in the sticks" but well worth the drive. We arrived around 17:00 on a Thursday and were quickly seated without reservations. Before our arrival, my wife was worried we were under-dressed for the restaurant, but that proved to not be the case. It's an eclectic clientele--from shorts and jeans to dress pants and sport coats, it's a wide mix.

The decor is indeed very lodge-like. Lots of paneling, darkly stained and varnished, a large fireplace, and tastefully decorated. Very warm environment. We were seated in a booth, and shortly thereafter, it began to get rather busy.

Becky, our waitress, was "johnny on the spot" for our drink order. She recommended a light and fresh Pinot Grigio blend, with a lot a pear in it. We had that and it was perfect for a summer evening. Sorry that we cannot recall more about the wine.

Becky also recommended a fresh twist on the traditional shrimp cocktail. It's served in a large-stemmed snifter. The cocktail sauce is mixed with freshly made salsa, and is heavy on the cilantro. The shrimp was small (41/50?) and immersed in the sauce. We were issued two long iced tea spoons and fished around for the shrimp. It was delightful! Very different and would highly recommend it. Becky said they started that dish a few years ago in the summer and it has been a hit ever since. BTW--it's served with a small homemade toasted bread that's got a cracker-like texture, but has a subtle baked cheese topping on it. Also very good.

We were also brought fresh warm bed with SOFT butter. Hear that other restaurants!? SOFT butter!

For our main course, I ordered an item called "The Loving Couple", which is surf & turf (6-8 oz fillet and lobster tail), and my wife ordered the fresh pan-seared scallops--5 U10s on a bed of red pepper cream sauce.

We also had salads. My Caesar salad was quite good. My wife had a house salad with the peppercorn ranch dressing, which she enjoyed.

Dinner was promptly delivered. A word of warning about their baked potatoes--they're huge! Twice the size of usual. We each got butter, sour cream, and onion for dressing the potatoes. The dressings are added in advance for you, so you get the proportions they deem fit. The potatoes also had a sprinkle of sea salt on them. They were delicious.

For my surf and turf, I got melted butter--but on a small stand with a candle under it to keep the butter hot. Unusual, but a very nice touch. I ordered my steak medium, and it was. I prefer medium rare, but most of the time, chefs seem to serve my steaks too rare. Medium is a safe bet in a restaurant we've never been to before. My meal was perfect. Steak was tender and well seasoned. Not a scrap was left. The lobster tail was also cooked to my liking, with just the right amount of paprika on it.

My wife's scallops, which I tried, were extraordinarily tender, and with no trace of sand. These were as good as we've ever had--even in Boston.

We skipped desert and had coffee and tea. My wife said the coffee was very good. I was given a choice of at least a dozen premium teas, and I chose Twinings English Breakfast--my favorite.

As I said before, the restaurant got rather busy quickly. Our waitress was the model of patience and never made us feel rushed--even when we had a lot of questions. My wife commented how impressed she was that Becky readily knew the details and ingredients of everything we inquired about.

If we're ever remotely in the area again, we'll certainly make another visit. Incidentally, after dinner we walked it off in downtown Medina by touring all around the central park/square. What a charming little city! Reminded us of a Norman Rockwell painting...

2  Thank John P
Ron L, Manager at Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

How nice that you found us on your visit to our wonderful community ! Medina is a destination stop along the way for many travelers. We get to meet a lot of very nice people that discover our little off the path gem. We so appreciate the wonderful detailed review, and hope that you make it back someday soon again. Stay well John!

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful,perfectly cooked, Delmonico steaks, baked potato pipping hot, well dressed salads, great service. Laura, our server was fantastic with recommendations and just the right amount of attention.

2  Thank tipsytravler
Ron L, Manager at Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Welcome Tipsytraveler... and Thanks for taking the time to review us on Trip Adviser. Laura gets high marks all the time. a real real Professional that we are so lucky to have on our staff. Glad you enjoyed yourself with our menu. Many tough decisions need to be made with all our menu has to offer. My favorite is the Prime Delmonico as well. Just love that cut, and our Chef does it well. Stop by again soon, and ask for Laura.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We have eaten at Timber Lodge a couple times. Food is very good but on the expensive side. Seems to be a good size crowd there most of the time. We try to go early and sit in the bar booths. We have had steaks and chicken, both seasoned very well, tender and juicy.

2  Thank MLS7734
Ron L, Manager at Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Thanks for the review. We appreciate that you enjoy our little restaurant. We feel that we are a great value for the quality and freshness of our menu. We do most all our own prep, from cutting our premium steaks and ocean and lake fresh seafood. Soups, sauces, dressings, etc. Our kitchen starts daily at 7 AM to be ready to open at 4. Labor and talent does not come cheap, but we will not compromise like the chains do and open cans or use frozen products. We hope that you would agree that for a tiny bit more, you are getting a world of better dining. Hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I wanted to go to a different place but they closed in a half hour and we weren't going to be one of those people. We chose timber lodge because it was close. We chose to go all out and get filet which was amazing. We both got medium well and the steaks were amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better meal last night. The waitress, Laura was so professional. I'm a waitress also and there's no way I could memorize and say everything she did without messing up every time. Definitely going to ask for her next time we go. I kind of want to go tonight for their brownie dessert and coffee if they serve it.

2  Thank maggiemaybena
Ron L, Manager at Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Well, Thanks for trying us. We are so grateful for the wonderful review and that you gave Laura her due credit as being one of our Best! We hope to become your favorite go to place, and become part of ever expanding loyal family, Hope to see you soon. Ron

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Dave and I again spent my birthday dinner here. My sister Renee and hubby Jim also joined us since Renee's birthday is also in May. AGAIN, a fantastic evening. Lindsey greeted us and made sure we had a comfortable booth for 4. John was our server and we had more than excellent service.
Again, another excellent dinner and evening with "friends at Timberlodge"!
Would not go anywhere else to celebrate our birthdays or anniversary!!! And other times in between. Thank you so much for making our birthdays so special.
Carol and Dave and Renee and Jim

1  Thank Carol and Dave T
Ron L, Manager at Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

As always, you are a couple of our favorites. Lynsey always lights up when she sees you both entering our restaurant. We so enjoy having you as part of our Timber Lodge family of regulars. Thanks for including us in your celebrations.

Been to Timber Lodge? Share your experiences!