The Mount Vernon Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Super 8 Mt. Vernon(Mount Vernon)
Apple Valley(Howard)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main houseb bglass of winekenyon collegefresh fruitgarden areamade to order breakfastbreakfast was deliciousplace to stayomeletlovely gardenan oasismany choicesfantastic placechecking intables and chairsin town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

The Mount Vernon Inn is beautiful and historic. The courtyard looks amazing and we can't wait to see it in bloom. The hospitality was great and we thoroughly enjoyed the complimentary glass wine and the breakfast in the morning.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Kathren A, Owner at The Mount Vernon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

As hidden of a gem as we may be, we're truly grateful you found us!
Thanks for the feedback!
The garden courtyard is just now starting to bloom! It's a completely different animal in spring and summer, that's for sure!!
You'll have to come back and enjoy!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

I stayed in the Sugar Maple room. It had a nice queen bed, a comfortable love-seat and upholstered chair, very comfortable to hang out in. The bathroom was small but well-equipped. Lovely view onto garden courtyard with twinkly lights. The courtyard is behind the original old house, and is ringed by the newer rooms. The breakfast room was light-filled and pretty, and the breakfast was cooked to order perfectly. There was a complimentary glass of wine or beer when I checked in. The area it's in is not the pretty part of town, but if I was visiting Kenyon College again, I'd stay here in a heartbeat. It would be so pretty in the summer, there are lots of outdoor seating options in the courtyard.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the rear of the courtyard. The road in front of the inn is busy with traffic (although it quieted down a lot by 11pm)
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Kathren A, Owner at The Mount Vernon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Mark, as lovely as you've just described your stay with us, it was equally as lovely to have you as a guest!
We're delighted in knowing you thoroughly enjoyed all the niceties the Inn has to offer. Thank you for such kind feedback. We truly appreciate the gesture.

Also, yes, absolutely come back and see us in the summer; the courtyard garden is a completely different spectacle then!

Warm Regards.
MVI

Reviewed 12 February 2018

I really didn't know what to expect when I stayed here. I thought it would be really old-fashioned but it's modern. Great HD tv, Very nice suite. The breakfast was tremendous and Kade and Alicia were so nice. And (though I don't indulge) they have a gathering each night with a free glass or wine or beer. Quite a hidden treasure.

Room Tip: They have suites separated from the hotel, but I stayed in the inn itself, which was very convenient
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Kathren A, Owner at The Mount Vernon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Keith! We were lucky to have you!
Thanks for such positive and informative feedback!
We're glad you enjoyed the Kenyon Suite; maybe the next time you're on tour you can check out one of our garden courtyard rooms, or possibly the Robb Forman Dew Cottage!
Hope your show went well!
Warm Regards

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this Inn. Although it is not in the upscale end of town, the Inn is quiet and lovely. My room was spacious, with a super comfy king-sized bed, small frig, microwave, coffee pot, sofa couch, desk, and cafe table. Outside, a central garden space has tables and chairs, and I’m certain that it is a wonderful place to sit in the spring and summer. A complementary beer or glass of wine was a nice bonus. The staff who I met were friendly and very helpful. The biggest thumbs up to the Inn was the breakfast, which was included. Made to order menu along with a buffet with fruits and homemade muffins. Excellent food served in a sunny, tasteful space by a super friendly person. Such a great way to start my day! Thank you, Mt. Vernon Inn, for a terrific stay!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Myhwy
Kathren A, Owner at The Mount Vernon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed having you!
We're glad you enjoyed all the amenities; garden courtyard, spacious room, complimentary drink, and cook-to-order breakfast! It is our staffs dutiful dedication to ensuring a welcoming and hospitable stay to each of our guests and we strive at making everyone feel at home, so thank you for that vote of confidence also!
You are certainly more than welcome, and we are very much thankful for your feedback!
Warm Regards

Reviewed 8 December 2017

we stayed again in December (my 5th time) and Kate and her staff do an amazing job at making us feel welcome. We were in the Lynde suite this time. Comfortable. A little noisy with road traffic but the beds were comfortable, the suite relaxing. I love the breakfast in the morning and the Inn is decorated so beautifully for Christmas. I will stay there again next year and recommend to anyone going to Mt. Vernon Ohio.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Kathren A, Owner at The Mount Vernon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback!

We will continue to provide our guests with a welcoming and hospitable vibe no matter the occasion.
We're just thankful you have enjoyed your stay(s) with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Warm wishes this holiday season!!