Sleep Inn & Suites(Port Clinton)
US$79
US$145
HIExpress.com
Beachfront Resort(Port Clinton)
US$140
The Island House Hotel(Port Clinton)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$85
Marshall Inn(Port Clinton)(Great Value!)
US$108
All reviewslistening roomthe jet expresscatch the ferryacross the streetgreat accessrestaurants barslake eriesmall fridgecoffee potper nightoff seasonwould stay here againfree breakfastbaycouchcouponblinds
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a quaint place to stay when we came up to the Put-In-Bay area for our 10th wedding anniversary,and there were a number of reviews on other sites that spoke fairly highly of OGIS. We booked and the weekend came.

Despite other reviews here, I found the staff to be both friendly and responsive. I got a very good feeling from the *people* who make OGIS. It was once I got to the room when the stars started disappearing.

The room (we're in a "Vintage King Suite," I believe it's called) is just marginally more cozy than a budget motel, and the price can only be reasonably attributed to its proximity to Jet Express. I found it curious that they were very adamant in stating that it is a non-smoking room (neither I nor my wife smoke), so we were happy with that, but as soon as we walked in the room, it smelled strongly like a dirty ashtray. It was clearly a smoking room at some point; how long ago is the only question.

The mattress is said to be a "premium plush" mattress, but as both a licensed chiropractor and a former mattress salesperson, I can say authoritatively that it's the furthest thing from. It actually feels extremely cheap.

I don't know what else to say, really. If you close your eyes in the room, you would think you'd been brought to some seedy rural truck stop motel. Might be better to sleep in the cab.

Just my two cents, but that's what people provide here. Right?

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2017

The hotel is located within walking distance to the Jet Express, a high speed Ferry to Put-In-Bay, one of several islands in western Lake Erie. The hotel staff was very welcoming, suggesting local points of interest,'providing discount coupons for the Net Express and local restaurants and lounging at the pool.
My wife and I enjoyed our weekend stay and look forward to returning next year.

Room Tip: Jaccuzzi rooms are available.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here two nights with friends. We found the quality of the room to be poor compared to the price we paid. Room was more like a 1960's motel room. It was small furnishings appeared old and didn't have sufficient lighting. While they had free wifi, strength of signal was weak and responsiveness slow.

When we checked in, we found a wet wash cloth hanging near bathroom sink. We returned to the room on second day at 4:30pm and it hadn't been cleaned. They came at 5pm and offered to clean but we sent them away.

Only positive was that like 1960's, we were able to park car in front of the room.

This place needs major renovations or lower prices!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Lynne D, Manager at OurGuest Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Hi Ernie, thank you for your honest review. I wish you would have shared some of these concerns with us during your stay. We're always happy to accommodate our guests. There is no specific set time for cleaning for our guests staying. Sometimes it can be 1 pm and sometimes it can be 5 pm. We actually just renovated all rooms to include new mattresses, new flat-screen TVs, and the Direct TV Entertainment Package. Your room actually had new carpet installed in March as well. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience. I would encourage you to share your concerns with a hotel staff next time so they can work to accommodate you during your stay. Have a great summer. Thanks!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

This hotel has great access to the Jet Express and really great places to eat in Port Clinton. We were on an upper floor and the hotel was okay for the price. Other reviewers were right about not enough pillows. The mattresses were recently updated and felt nice but, old, flat pillows took away from the comfort. The front desk personnel is friendly and helpful. The furnishing in the room were worn but, the room was clean which matters the most to me. We enjoyed the pool and meet some nice people there. This is definitely a budget hotel and as long as you keep that in mind, you will be fine. Great place to stay if you are out site seeing and not staying in the room much.

Room Tip: The rooms behind the main Inn have a fast food restaurant in front of it. Trash was picked up at 5:30AM and made a lot of noise.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VegasGirlOhio
Reviewed 27 July 2017

My wife and I are always amazed at the lengths some people will go to complain..This place is a prime example. For work and pleasure I go to Port Clinton and Stone Lab on So Bass Is several times a year. This place is very well located, squeaky clean, a very pleasant and helpful staff who take pride in their work, and well priced, it also has been there for years. The locals use it extensively for meetings, and conferences. We recommend it highly. To the person who felt unsafe I would say go back to your cabin on the mountain top and lock the door and hold your shot gun......if you felt unsafe there I feel sorry for you...the whole area is open to the main street 1/2 block away and abutting a large parking lot all the way to the main street in a town that hardly ever sees crime, and not down some dark alley...for the people who thought it was a motel.....go stay at the Palmer House in Chi......you may feel more comfortable.....to those who thought the furnishings were tacky......what does your or your parents house look like? This is a really nice place to stay

Room Tip: Very short walk to the Jet Express and decent restaurants, very little if any street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple