“Little pricey but quite a bit there.”

Kalahari Waterparks
Ranked #4 of 38 things to do in Sandusky
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The water park is very nice and offers quite a bit for all ages. We used it twice during our stay. Early afternoon was much warmer than later evening for some reason. Really couldn't stay in it much in the evening because it was so cold. (both the water and air) Rooms were fair. Staff was accommodating for elderly guests in our party. Make sure you understand where your room is located because some of them are way far away at the other end of the resort. Major walk time. Line for check in was a little long. Maybe add more staff at peak check in. Queens beds were definitely not queen size based on the ones I have at home. The Ivory Coast restaurant and staff was amazing. I always think the main restaurants are over priced and not good, but we ate at this one twice. Food was very good and reasonable. Hostess was great and very understanding with small children. Actually, all the staff on the property was amazing with the kids. Indoor bowling and game room was great. Miniature golf was fair, nothing fancy. The games can run into a bit a money so get a package. Cupcakes at the little deli were very, very good. Worth the money. Overall, nice experience and will probably go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)
All reviews
in 13 reviews
"great wolf lodge"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This I would classify as the waterpark resort of all waterpark resorts. Top notch. Lots of things to do here. Food was good. Nice bar area inside and outside of the waterpark. Would definitely come back here. We just got a day pass, so I cannot comment on the rooms. It's a very nice resort though, so I can't imagine they would be bad.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I took my Grand daughter and one of her friends for a 2 night stay. We arrived a little early and they let us in the room early so we were able to go to the water park. Lots of Life Guards on duty. every thing is clean and towels are available. Our room was good, we had a room with a fridge and kitchenette good thing too because the girls were exhausted so we had food with us to eat in the room the first night. Second day we were at the park entrance early. We had a great dinner the second evening at B Lux , good dinner friendly staff. Ana at the front desk was very helpful in suggesting where to eat and also with our room key deactivating and extending our stay. The girls left exhausted but want to return again. It was a successful trip overall..

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our first time at Kalahari. Making the reservation was completely easy and did not take more than 15mins. I did ask when making the reservation about the number of activities for our family to be able to do inside the waterpark considering our kids' ages and height. I was sure that there’s plenty of activities that we could do with our kids along with going down the slides with our kids. So I booked the Hut room, arriving on 3/24. Check-in time was about a 20-minute wait but that wasn’t that big of a deal I understand they’re busy. We got a room key and went to the room while at first glance the room seemed just fine when you really took a closer look it was not really clean the tables were not wiped down you can see the fingerprints on the tables from the previous occupants. The lotion that was by the sink that’s complementary was already opened. They are resealable but I would think that even if the previous person used it it would be thrown out and a new one placed in. The balcony patio area was dirty again table not wipe down. But I figure we’re not gonna be in the room much and the beds where clean. So I threw out the lotion, wipe down the phone tables and the bathroom myself. And then off we went to enjoy the waterpark. It was myself husband and two children ages 2 and 3. Even before arriving at Kalahari I did check the website to see what areas in the waterpark we could all do together as a family. The one that I found that both our children and us as two adults could enjoy was Victoria Falls. On their website for Victoria Falls, it says “grab the whole crew and hop in this family raft ride perfect for all ages! You’ll wind and turn down 504 feet of slide before a final splashdown” “PERFECT FOR: EVERYONE!” This was the first thing we headed towards. Our excitement was quickly deflated when we were told our kids can’t go down this ride because they’re not tall enough. even though the website said it’s perfect for the whole family perfect for everyone it said all in caps. So then we headed to the few designated areas for children under 42 inches. Leopards lair which was nice but you cannot go down the slide with your children. And was fine but after about the sixth time going up and down kids already lost interest. Coral Cove area is extremely small & had a horrible cold draft so we didn’t stay for long. We walked over to the crocodile cove where they had Lillypads at the kids can play on but even though it’s right next to the toddler play area we were told that you had to be 48 inches tall. So we walked over to the Kids Safari which was a little bit of a bigger area and had more and bigger slides for our kids. Which was a lot nicer the only issue is there is no place where parents could just sit down and watch their kids there was multiple blind spots in this area and the bouncy swings hads mold on the inside of the chair that you could see through the yellow plastic completely gross. The other things that we checked out were the lazy river but it had so many kids roughhousing and the lifeguards just would stand there not do anything about it. So we decided to pass we walked over to the wave pool which was really nice but they didn’t let you use any of the tubes even though the website says “ grab a tube or wade in the waves...” truly at this point I was getting extremely upset with how Kalahari website falsely advertised and mislead the things that our family was able to do. When I brought it up to the lifeguard they said well we have the miniature bowling and miniature golf which I appreciate them mentioning but if we wanted to do those activities we wouldn’t have driven three hours to Kalahari. We drove to Kalahari for the indoor waterpark. The towels that are provided in the waterpark are small for adults but perfect for kid sizes. But they are extremely thin and very rough on the skin. On our last day, we went to the water park first thing in the morning when they open. It was extremely cold and there were old water bottles and trash by the kid's safari area which was odd considering the park just opened. That stuff should’ve been cleaned up last night. When I brought it to the attention of the lifeguard who just seemed as if he was on autopilot said: “The shift before me is supposed to get that stuff”. While he did take the trash and throw it out he didn't seem surprised, more irritated that I brought it to his attention. After that we decided to go to the wave pool which was nice because there was a little bit of sun peeking through which kept you warm because like I said it was cold. But we probably only stay there for about an hour before my kids lips were blue. I will say that the lifeguards at the wave pool were really on top of making sure that children had proper lifejackets on. Which I was happy to see but the overall experience at the waterpark was disappointing. The website is very misleading on the activities for younger children and families to be able to do. It was absolutely not by any means worth amount of money that we spent for this waterpark.