“Great Time”

Great Wolf Lodge Water Park
Ranked #7 of 38 things to do in Sandusky
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We had a lot of fun! There is plenty to keep the kids occupied for the entire day. Water slides are big enough to be exciting and keep their interest. As adults, we really appreciated the adults only hot tub. It is big and secluded off to the side, so you can truly get away. Unfortunately, some people allowed their kids in and the staff didn't enforce the adults only rule. We also were able to take some drinks to the hot tub and it wasn't a issue. We'd definitely like to come back again.

All reviews
"queen bed"
"housekeeping staff"
"dance party"

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Expensive but for young children this is awesome. Perfect for ages 3-10. Grill serves alcohol and there is an adult only hot tub area

1  Thank Donna W
Reviewed 27 August 2017

This is a fun place to visit. I have taken my God daughter and her cousins several times. We have been to several of the indoor water parks in the area and this is my favorite. There are hot tubs, small kid spaces and older kid/ adult slides as well. The older kids love playing the Magiquest game after they are done enjoying the water park. There are restaurants , gift shops and a stuffed animal station as well. The rooms are comfortable and clean.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Same GWL experience as the others our family has visited (Dunkin' Donuts, ice cream and pizza parlors, sit down restaurant, gift shop, and MagiQuest), but smaller. There is no wave pool and a lot less slide options. The game room doesn't have the mini-bowling that we love at the Mason, Ohio location. Our 5 and 7 yr old kids loved it. They do a good job of planning kid activities throughout your stay such as storybook reading and coloring for a change of pace out of the pool.

The rooms are a little dated and never feel all the way clean (same with other GWL locations). That is a disappointment and below my usual hotel standards. However, when there, you spend so little time in the room you try to overlook it. They are also not soundproof by any means, as you can hear everything above you, in the hall, and outside.

1  Thank strump2017
See more reviews
Reviewed 20 August 2017

I was apprehensive after reading reviews about how boring and dirty it is, but this was not our experience at all. This was our first visit to any Great Wolf Lodge with 2 older teens and a 10 year old. We had a great time! We are not amusement park or water park pros though so perhaps that is why we found it nice. I felt safe letting my 10 year old explore without much supervision. There are 4 slides big enough for adults. Our room was nice enough, but the beds in the kids cave were a big hard for my liking. Pizza was good and priced ok but other snack like things such as humus was a bit pricey. I added the family breakfast to our package and we thought it was ok. Chef tried to be accommodating to our Vegan, but I should have called ahead to make special arrangements. Yes the carpet is soiled, but seriously what do you expect with 100s of people running about wet all the time. Fun is after all what you make it.

1  Thank jen121995