“SLOW service”

Great Wolf Lodge Water Park
Ranked #7 of 38 things to do in Sandusky
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

I had to wait a decent amount of time for extra bedding, my room wasn’t exactly clean (my arm stuck to the table), a couple of the slides were not working, and the lady working at Dunkin Donuts didn’t know how to make a “double double” coffee. I doubt I’ll return...hundreds of dollars spent for a subpar experience

1  Thank Eliz H
"great family time"
"dance party"
"housekeeping staff"

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We did the early check in process the day prior to arrival. The email stated we would receive an email when our room was ready and we never received an email. Thankfully we were able to check in upon arrival and the process was quick and easy. Staff followed the request we placed in the online early check to place us close to the other family we were traveling with. The room was average, a little run down for the price. There was not 2 bottles of Dasni in our refrigerator as indicated in our room. Overall cleanliness could use some attention. During the day on Saturday there were crushed chips on the hallway floor and the same chips were still there Sunday morning despite seeing housekeeping in the hallway throughout the day. The water park was fun for my 5 year old, just wish it would have opened sooner in than 10am. We were unable to enjoy the water park our last day because keeping our child busy for 3 hours before it even opened was difficult. Stairwells leading to the water park are extremely chilly, recommend bringing something to wear especially for the way back when you're wet. Children were in the adults only hot tub which was extremely frustrating. Lazy river was small and difficult to relax in, as children were attempting to swim in it as though it were a pool meant for leisurely swimming. Kids are unable to wear water shoes down slides we were informed by a lifeguard after walking up to a water slide, only option was for our kiddo to take them off and me hold them while he went down. There are some activities for children that do not require a Paw Pass, such as a dance party, story hour and wolf walk. The weekend was extremely busy, in the future we may try a weekday at a difficult location before returning to this one.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed Fri-Sunday for a competition she is in. Cost us $700 for two nights (we’re Canadian so with the conversion it’s stupid expensive) Water park is geared for younger kids. My daughter is 12 and was underwhelmed compared to the GW in Niagara. This water park is about 1/3 of the size. No wave pool. The rooms are very dated. As of 4PM Sat housekeeping still has not been to our room. Only 3 of the 4 drawers in the dresser open and although we have a balcony (overlooking the parking lot) it’s very dark in the room.
There are a lot of places to eat around the hotel. And some shopping. Target, Kohls, Walmart and a mall down the road.
Overall Great Wolf needs to put some money back into this place. Ugh

5  Thank Jennifer T
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

The lodge theme is nice. Our room was a loft that was clean and spacious. The kids loved the water park. The Pup Pass was worth the price. We paid for the family breakfast package and regret it. The food was terrible and the service was significantly lacking. I would recommend dining off site.

1  Thank cheez66