“Went to the Huron restaurant- Strongly Recommend!!!”
Review of Jo Wok

Jo Wok
Ranked #49 of 197 Restaurants in Sandusky
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

We absolutely LOVED this place! We stopped in because we love Thai food. We arrived at 8pm and we were the only customers there.
We started off with hot & sour soup and cucumber salad that came with our meals. I’m not usually a fan of that soup, but I actually enjoyed it! It was the best I’ve had.
The cucumber salad had seaweed and a delicious vinegar dressing. We inhaled it.

For appetizers we enjoyed the fried tofu and ‘fresh’ rolls. The fried tofu was very good, and the fresh rolls were summer rolls. Shrimp, cucumber, cilantro, rice noodles, with a peanut sauce. I make these at home, they were awesome.

For our entrees we shared Thai green curry with chicken and beef, along with pad Thai. The best I’ve ever had!! Every single thing we ordered was delicious, and the server was patient and informed.
There were three of us and the bill was $39, definitely try it out.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Wife and I love Thai cuisine and thought we would give this place a try for the first time. It looked like a small but inviting place in a strip mall setting. When we went to the counter to place our order, the counter person acted like he could have cared less if we were there. No greeting, wife and I were trying to sort out the menu and he didn't try to help, didn't ask if this was our first visit, said nothing. Just waited for us to tell him what we wanted. We had a few questions about items and we had to pry the answers out of him.

I had a bad feeling right then and thought about just leaving but stuck it out. We finally placed an order and were given a total, paid with credit card and received no itemized slip. I did not receive my iced tea that I ordered but had no idea if we were charged for it. We asked another employee and she told us we were not charged.

Food arrived and my wife's meal was wrong, (she even ordered by number.) They took it back and got her correct meal out to her quickly.

The food was very delicious and the portions were fair but the experience was not pleasant.

As we were eating, someone was telling this counter-person that they needed to be more friendly with yhe customers and smile more. (Frankly...if you have to tell them that....they're not the right person for that job.)

Not a pleasant dining experience, not going back.

1  Thank Steve44883
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I have tried this place about a dozen times over the past few months and the food is always fantastic! I love the curry and pad thai.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Found this gem on TripAdvisor and had a wonderful visit. The Red Curry w/ tofu I had was deliciously spicy and the veggies were very fresh. The staff were extremely personable and the local art on the wall was captivating. If I lived near Sandusky this restaurant would be my curry pipeline.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

It's frankly absurd that places such as Panda Express are ranked ahead of this establishment. We stopped here on the way back from Cedar Point to our hotel and enjoyed the food so much that we went back the next night as well. Judging by the amount of business it was doing, we weren't the only people in town who thought it was worth the trip. The food was very well seasoned -- I recommend the Penang curry -- and the service was what it should have been.