“Raviolis were outstanding ”

Sortino's Little Italy Ristorante
Ranked #4 of 201 Restaurants in Sandusky
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Was looking for a place to eat while in Sandusky to watch my grandson play in a football tournament. Found this place on Trip Advisor, so I decided to check it out. The place was packed on a Saturday night, but they gave me a seat at the bar, rather than wait 30-45 minutes for a table. Ordered Mammas ‘Big A’ Raviolis and they were amazing. The four raviolis were filled with a blend of 5 cheeses and covered my entire plate. The bread was so fresh and the dipping sauce they provided was very good. Service was very quick and prices were reasonable. Very good food!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

We were looking something different and a family member suggested Sortinos. They claimed it was a good restaurant.
That was a major understatement!
Little bit of a wait since we didn't have reservations. But not to worry. They had a bar downstairs with free appetizers. We kicked back and had a nice wait.

When we were seated the magic began. The food was great and the sauces were made fresh. Portions were off the chart and the quality was great as well. Didn't do desert as I had maxed out on my enjoyment factor. They 5 of us had a variety of dinners, and no one was disappointed.

Them a try I think you will love it.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to give this place a try during a much needed last minute getaway to Lake Erie on September 14, 2018. We read reviews on lots of local places in hopes of avoiding the big chain type restaurants and finding something unique. It’s safe to say we found what we were looking for and then some.

Upon arrival we found the parking lot at near capacity and after coming inside were told by the extremely friendly lady at the door that there was approximately an hour wait. Before we could even consider an answer she informed us that there were free appetizers including fresh olives and cheeses at the bar in the basement. The mood was festive and inviting so we decided to have a drink and wait it out. The lower level basement bar area looked like something out of an episode of The Sopranos but the drinks were huge and the the free apps great. In what seemed more like 40 or so minutes the same server whom we had spoken with came and got us, recalling our names and led us to our table. Shortly thereafter our waitress arrived with fresh bread and what they referred to as, “Love Dip”, which was an addictive concoction of oil, herbs, spices and cheeses. We ordered the steak pizziaolla and ravioli. Both meals came with huge salads and some sort of amazing house dressing. The main courses were both huge and some of the best food I’ve had in years. After a long hard week this place made it all seem a bit less stressful and was exactly what we needed. Hats off to the entire place for both a unique atmosphere, top shelf service and incredible food. We cannot wait to go back.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

This is a wonderful place to go to for Italian. The atmosphere was fantastic, and the food even better! They bring you bread and olive oil dip. The dip was the best I have ever had. It has plenty of garlic in it so you may not want to eat there if you have to work the next day. It looks very small when you first walk in, but there is a downstairs also. The prices were medium-ish. They have a very flavorful tomato sauce as their base. I highly recommend calling ahead for reservations. We sat right down. Of the three meals ordered all were considered great and large portions.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

From the amazing food to a fun atmosphere. You'll get an authentic Italian experience here all around!