“Great Filets”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #31 of 194 Restaurants in Sandusky
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 15 November 2016

We went on Saturd.ay afternoon about 4:30. We were seated within five minutes.When we were finished eating, we talked to people in line and were told thirty minute wait. So go early!
The rooms are nice, decor nice, tables spaced so you are not crowded. Our waitress was very efficient and there were "extras" bringing food to the tables. There were two large parties with children, so it was a little noisy, but not overwhelming.
Now to the filets! They were ample size, we had the eight ounce, very tender. . Husband likes medium rare filet and I like warm pink, they were done to perfection.
We also had baked potato and caesar salad. Great meal! Used a coupon too!

Reviewed 6 October 2016

Had a really bad experience at Longhorn before but decided to try it again.

The food was way to salty as it was before.

Server was knowledgeable about the menu and made suggestions as to what was good when asked.

Prices were a little high for what you got, Large servings does not good food make.

I ordered the hand battered portabellas and thought they were good.

My husband had the crispy blue crab bites and proclaimed that they were tasty.

For my main dish I had the chop steak and realize this is basically a hamburger patty. I ordered it well done and the cook got it perfect. Many times when you order an item like this it is dry, but not this time.

Since my husband loves seafood, he started his meal with the shrimp and lobster chowder and thought it was good. He then ordered the 10 ounce longhorn salmon and found it to be a little dry but tasted okay.

We both had adult beverages and found them to be very well made.

Did not have desert this time but the descriptions sound very good.

Bottom line is we will go again but not during tourist season because of the wait.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

We stopped here on our way to Belamere Suites. The food is outstanding, and our server was excellent. The hostess wasn't overly friendly, but the server made up for it. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Chops1971
Reviewed 30 August 2016

One of the best steaks I have ever had. Our waitress was great, the decor was western, and the restaurant was incredibly roomy and very clean. Prices were in line with a good upscale steak house. the lava cake was to die for. I could've cut my steak with a fork.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

We went to this restaurant while we were in Sandusky to visit Cedar Point, a major amusement park. It is located on a strip of street dedicated to hotels, restaurants and stores, but many of the restaurants and stores have disappeared in the last couple of years. The restaurant itself is decorated nicely and the service was good. I ordered a steak, medium rare which was highly highly seasoned with a very salty taste and other condiment flavors. The meat was stringy. It was hard to taste the meat. Had I been eating alone, I would have returned it, but I didn't like my wife eating alone and then waiting while I ate. Were I to return to this restaurant, I would order the meat prepared without the bold, salty spices.