Comfort Inn Sandusky(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$418
US$220
US$139
US$239
All reviewstherapy poolfront deskpancake machinecomfort inncedar pointroom was cleancinnamon rollsyogurtthe breakfast areahot breakfastwould definitely stay here againfree breakfastfitness centernice stayhot tubfridge and microwaveamusement park
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing staff. The desk person was very helpful and friendly especially with directions and any questions asked through out the stay my family had. Breakfast was very good also, was nice to be able to just come down and grab something nice to eat. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Sandusky Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

We're so happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you'll come back again soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

No beverages in any of the 5 vending machines - was told to walk across the street to the gas station by staff at 12:30am for a water. Curly black hairs on bed. Hairs in sink. Leaking shower valve - bad water pressure.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Sandusky Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

We're very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced. We've had an issue in the past couple of week keeping up with the demand of our soda machines. Most likely, that is why our staff directed you to the nearest location to satisfy what you wanted. However, we DO have bottled water 24/7 as this is a Best Western prescribed standard.

I;m also sorry about the other issues you raised; however, this is the first that we're hearing of those issues. I have spoken to our General Manager and she was not aware of any of these issues before reading this review. As there is no way to know who you are or what room you were staying in, it's difficult when guests don't let us know of problems when they're actually on property. While I don't want to add to your frustration, I would welcome you to call the hotel directly and ask for the General Manager. We would like more information on your specific circumstances and would like to see if there's something that we can do to make this right for you.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Phone in room did not work
Awful customer service
Expired pop and food
Fire alarm going off
I travel to Sandusky every week but I’m never staying here again. I do not know what is going on here but whatever it is, fix it. I have stayed here several times with no issue but not this time !

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Sandusky Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

We are very sorry for what seems to be an isolated incident in your case. As you pointed out, we are so happy to hear that you're a repeat customer of ours and it's clear that the "perfect storm" formed to leave you with not such a good experience this most recent time. I have reviewed your issues and this is how I can respond:

-We were not aware of any phone issues with your room before you left this review. Our records indicate that you even called from your room phone the morning of your check-out to request a late check-out (which we were happy to honor).
-We are incredibly sorry that you experienced expired soda from our soda machine; you were promptly given a refund for this issue as soon as you brought it to our attention.
-While the fire alarm did go off the night of your stay (completely out of our control), it was investigated and silenced promptly. Obviously, we would always want to err on the side of caution when any life-safety devices are in question.

Again, we're sorry that this experience didn't rival your past experiences. Our quick response to your issues is evidence of our desire to provide nothing less that outstanding and exemplary customer service--which we are known for. We hope that you WILL treat this as an isolated case and give us another shot in the future. We hope that one less-than-satisfactory experience won't cloud your judgment of an otherwise stellar hotel property.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Crystal was very kind, efficient, helpful, and friendly.
Jacuzzi room was clean, comfortable, and relaxing.
Breakfast was really good and we'll stocked (gravy, bacon, biscuits, pancakes, pastry, cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc).
Nice size therapy pool.
Close to everything! Many restaurants, mall, gas, and right off the highway.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WonderfulWellington
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Sandusky Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you back again very soon!

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Traveling from Chicago to Delaware we stopped in Sandusky for dinner and decided we would stay the night and finish our drive the next day. I called the hotel which we had stayed at a couple years ago and booked a 2 room suite. When we arrived the front desk staff were very friendly asked if we had a reservation, then paperwork, gave us our keys and directed us to our room. When we got to our room it was freezing!!!! My kids refused to take off their coats. We turned the heat on in both rooms to 86 and after 20 minutes it was still freezing. While waiting for the room to warm up I turned down the bed and there were hair pins and little curly black hairs on the sheets. I then noticed what looked like vomit all over the door jam and some on the wall going into the second room. There were bottle caps on the floor as well. I called the front desk and let them know. The first thing they said was “Is the window open?” I replied no. I was put on hold then told I could move to another room if we want to which I replied yes. The front desk brought up new keys. I showed the woman my other concerns in the room. She said they are supposed to turn on the heat before we arrive and that she would let her supervisor know about the uncleanliness of the room that someone had just been reprimanded this morning about room cleanliness.
We went to our room and all was good, Kids fell asleep then I noticed the 1 inch bug crawling up the wall right next to the microwave. My husband killed it and threw it away. I was very unsettled by this. He fell asleep but not me nope couldn’t do it. Got up to use the bathroom and there was another bug crawling up the wall in the bathroom. This time I killed it and took it to the front desk. The woman there was very nice and apologetic and said she was going to refund our entire night stay.
We left the hotel at 5am. When I turned in the keys the new woman knew nothing about the refund which I assumed had already been taken care of as I told the night shift receptionist we would be leaving as soon as my husband woke.
Needless to say my credit card was charged anyway.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Looks nice from the outside but it’s a whole different story inside.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Sandusky Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Your review perplexes us as we had pre-blocked your room before your arrival and went ahead and pre-heated the room. Additionally, it's great to hear that you found the front desk agent friendly upon your arrival but you should also know that she's the General Manager of the property and had, herself, pre-heated the room before your arrival. She turned the thermostat to 70 degrees. Of course, with the wildly-cold weather we've been having, it would take some time once you arrived in your room and turned up the heat to get to a temperature that would be comfortable. However, while you called the front desk to report the problem, although they were asked to hold while you conferred with others in your party, she was readily willing and able (and did!) to move you to another room.

Additionally, there was no refund to be given--your entire stay was comped. While we explained that the hold on your funds may show up because of the pre-authorization process, it would fall away 24-48 hours after--which it did. There was NO charge to your account as was discussed and agreed to with you. I believe the third shift person was confused because they had been told that there was no charge to your account. When you asked about a refund, that, unfortunately, confused the issue.

I'm incredibly sorry that your experience didn't rival the vast majority of our other guests. As you (and others!) can see, we are consistently one of the top-rated hotels in the Sandusky market. We certainly value your business and hope that you'll give us another try in the future.