Greystone Motel(Hillsboro)
US$111
Hampton.com
US$76
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2016

We really enjoyed our stay here. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable with nice soft linens and great pillows. I have stayed here years ago and they have really upgraded this property. The carpet and paint looked new. Breakfast was a nice variety of food. There is a Gold Star Chili, McDonald's, a diner and a pizza place all extremely close by. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Best to stay on first floor if you have a lot of luggage. There is no elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2016

Well, it was a wonderful stay. Stayed 5 nights and felt at home the entire time. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Maps and directions were readily available and the staff gave good directions. The breakfast was more than adequate, lots of choices. The room was convenient and very comfortable. I had stayed at this Inn 3 years ago and returned and will return again when in that area.

Room Tip: I like the back side on the first floor, but I doubt there is a "bad" room. It is about a block off a main highway so it is quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2015

We stayed here for a weekend while visiting the Serpent Mound. This is the closest motel to the mound, so if you are going to be in the area, especially in peak times like summer, make sure to place your reservation way in advance. Small, but very clean motel. When we told them we had a dog, they were kind enough to give us the very last room by the back door, a real plus when you have an older dog like ours. Comfortable beds, adaquate hot water, and the breakfast is basic continental. Only cons are the $15 pet fee, small parking lot, and a little pricey for our taste. Can't go wrong if you are just needing a place to rest your head.

Room Tip: Small motel with no elevator, so place reservations well in advance and make sure to request a first floor if stairs are a problem.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2015

I booked online the night before my expected stay. After a change in plans the next morning I tried to cancel but was told they have a 24 hour cancellation policy. As a seasoned traveler I would have NOT booked had I known of that policy. Manager said she couldn't do it and gave me the choice.com number. They said they couldn't but the hotel could. I called back and mgr said maybe the owner could. I requested he call me but, of course, he didn't. When I called him a few days later he wouldn't refund. Meanwhile my Visa shows TWO pending charges for one room I tried to cancel mid-day. I would NEVER book a room here and I will NEVER use choice.com again.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank jeanean
Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

Horrible. Horrible. Horrible experience!!! Man at desk was EXTREMELY rude - I'm fairly certain he is the manager! This was our third stay, spread out over 3 years. There are not many other options in the area so we mistakenly gave them 3 chances. We will NEVER stay there again. Not the cleanest place we've ever stayed. They don't have decaf coffee (poor excuses all 3 visits), and I just cannot get over how rude the man was at the desk. I don't know his name. Never again.

Stayed: September 2015