“Great Burgers and a Wide Range of Brews”

Jimbo's Bar & Diner
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 July 2015

Jimbo's is a no frills establishment that is popular with the motorcycle crowd. They make juicy, perfectly cooked 3/4 pound burgers with a wide array of toppings (ranges in price from $7 to $10) for a sandwich; you can upgrade to a platter for a couple bucks). They also have a vegan burger and chicken sandwiches as well as a good selection of appetizers. Outside, you can sit at a picnic table or you can grab a table inside. I suspect it would get noisy inside if it were full. They also have an excellent range of beers and other drinks. I tried the root beer beer (5% alcohol!) and it went well with my mushroom burger. My husband's bacon burger disappeared so quickly that I if I had not seen it on his plate, I would have thought he was still waiting for it. If you are in the Hocking Hills area (it is particularly close to Ash Cave), Jimbo's is just west of the S.R. 56 and S.R. 664 intersection. There is plenty of parking since they also have a lot across the street.

Reviewed 6 May 2015

My friends and I happened upon Jimbo's as we were driving around in search of an after-hiking drink (doesn't everyone?). It was one of the few places open on that beautiful Sunday afternoon. The staff was super friendly and Jimbo's widow even came out to talk with us. We didn't order any food because we had a 'fridge full of leftovers at our vacation rental, but we promised we would during our next visit. The t-shirts are a hoot! And we left our mark on the wall by the women's bathroom (with Mrs. Jimbo's permission and encouragement, of course). We stopped during the day (around 3:00 or so) and were the only customers. It's definitely nothing fancy - just a large room with tables and a movie screen against one wall where film clips of Jimbo's races are shown. But we were charmed by the staff and felt right at home sipping our drinks and chatting about the area and, of course, Jimbo.

Reviewed 26 October 2014

Went there for a wedding reception. I had the Jimbo burger that didn't have much flavor. The cole slaw was also bland. My husband was interested in trying the pulled pork sandwich but was disappointed by the lack of BBQ sauce and flavor. To each their own. We tried it but won't try it again.

Reviewed 24 September 2014

They cater to the biker crowd. Locals are not welcome here. The food is good, but expensive. Be sure to check their hours and days they are open before you go. They are closed more than opened.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The ride through the Hocking Hills to get here is part of the adventure. They do have cold beer and great hamburgers. It is a nice place to stop and refresh before you head back out to your next destination. Do not pass this one up as this place is famous here in Ohio, parts of West Virginia and Kentucky for bikers of all types as a destination motorcycle ride. Note I put excellent for food but remember it is a hamburger joint, but a hamburger you will not soon forget. I believe they do have a grilled chicken sandwich. Don't forget to check out their tee shirts.

2  Thank James K

Been to Jimbo's Bar & Diner? Share your experiences!