“Great food”

Jimbo's Bar & Diner
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

We were invited by friends who have been there many times, so we rode our bikes 75 miles to jimbo's on July 4, 2015. Great weather, beautiful scenery, and great food. when we got there, my wife and I split a bacon Swiss burger and fries...our friends split a burger and chili, the staff was excellent, the bar was clean and friendly and the food was fantastic (and large)...only about 40 bikes there and a lot of people on the patio...not like a biker bar you see in the movies, it was warm and friendly, and the Tee Shirts are great, had to have one...overall I'd give it a 9 out of 10...and you don't need to be a biker to go there...A+++.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Jimbo's is a no frills establishment that is popular with the motorcycle crowd. They make juicy, perfectly cooked 3/4 pound burgers with a wide array of toppings (ranges in price from $7 to $10) for a sandwich; you can upgrade to a platter for a couple bucks). They also have a vegan burger and chicken sandwiches as well as a good selection of appetizers. Outside, you can sit at a picnic table or you can grab a table inside. I suspect it would get noisy inside if it were full. They also have an excellent range of beers and other drinks. I tried the root beer beer (5% alcohol!) and it went well with my mushroom burger. My husband's bacon burger disappeared so quickly that I if I had not seen it on his plate, I would have thought he was still waiting for it. If you are in the Hocking Hills area (it is particularly close to Ash Cave), Jimbo's is just west of the S.R. 56 and S.R. 664 intersection. There is plenty of parking since they also have a lot across the street.

Reviewed 6 May 2015

My friends and I happened upon Jimbo's as we were driving around in search of an after-hiking drink (doesn't everyone?). It was one of the few places open on that beautiful Sunday afternoon. The staff was super friendly and Jimbo's widow even came out to talk with us. We didn't order any food because we had a 'fridge full of leftovers at our vacation rental, but we promised we would during our next visit. The t-shirts are a hoot! And we left our mark on the wall by the women's bathroom (with Mrs. Jimbo's permission and encouragement, of course). We stopped during the day (around 3:00 or so) and were the only customers. It's definitely nothing fancy - just a large room with tables and a movie screen against one wall where film clips of Jimbo's races are shown. But we were charmed by the staff and felt right at home sipping our drinks and chatting about the area and, of course, Jimbo.

Reviewed 26 October 2014

Went there for a wedding reception. I had the Jimbo burger that didn't have much flavor. The cole slaw was also bland. My husband was interested in trying the pulled pork sandwich but was disappointed by the lack of BBQ sauce and flavor. To each their own. We tried it but won't try it again.

Reviewed 24 September 2014

They cater to the biker crowd. Locals are not welcome here. The food is good, but expensive. Be sure to check their hours and days they are open before you go. They are closed more than opened.

Been to Jimbo's Bar & Diner? Share your experiences!