“Wonderful seafood”

Don's Pomeroy House
Reserve with OpenTable
Don's Pomeroy House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 131 Restaurants in Strongsville
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Westwood
Reviewed 2 January 2018

We were a party of 2 here for date night. The food was some of the best we have had in a long while. Had the calamari appetizer which was really good. I opted for the Southern Tilapia and my husband had the scallops. Very pleasing to the eye and tasty. Had to order dessert which was the Chocolate mousse - even though we were stuffed! It was melt-in-your-mouth!

The only disappointing factor was the attentiveness of our server. She had a table of 8 who arrived after us and we felt a little slighted - we were checked on once during our main courses. Other than this little issue, I would highly recommend this restaurant and will come back!

Reviewed 31 December 2017

We came here for my daughter's 40th Birthday as last minute idea. They don't take reservations in the Pub and the week between Christmas and New Year's is usually busy. So, the place was packed. Two of us came early to secure a table, having a drink while we waited. Both the hostess and our server Kyle made sure we got the table we wanted for the 8 of us. The food at Don's is always good, but this kind of service really makes the difference. Kyle made suggestions, served a variety of drinks and food and even while taking care of other tables, made us feel we were the only ones in the place. That's why we keep coming back....whether the Pub, the Patio or the elegant dining room, we love this place.

1  Thank comfortnurse
Reviewed 22 December 2017

The service was very good with a few hiccups by the staff but that was understandable with the large group we were in.
The food was very good with one small issue. The seafood fettucine was delicious but the fettucine had some spots where the noodles were not fully cooked and were stuck together in clumps. It brought down the overall pleasure of the dish.
The gin in the drink was probably not the best as the flavor was flat but I did not order a specific gin.
Overall, the experience was very good. The food overall did not disappoint with that small issue with the noodles.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

This is one of our favorites in Strongsville going back to the early 1980's. The food and service are outstanding. We typically eat in the Pub during the colder months of the year and on the patio when it is warm (this is one of the best patios for dining in the Cleveland area). The Pomeroy House is a great place for a casual dinner, date night, business dinner, or special occasion!

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I came here for a holiday dinner. The food and service were fantastic! All of our meals were perfect. I have been here very many times and I have love my meal every time.