“Relaxing journey”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Rick T
Warren, Ohio
“Relaxing journey ”
Reviewed 20 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Very nice cabin. With 2 teenagers, we enjoyed the game area thoroughly. A basketball machine, ping pong table, air hockey, and a poker table. The cabin was very neat and clean. We only had 4 people but it would sleep 10 easily. We did utilize the griddle, microwave, and coffee pot. We did not used the stove. The washer and dryer came in handy. The views were great. I sat in the sun room one morning having coffee and reading for a couple hours waiting for everyone to awake. Absolutely relaxing! The cabin is on the western edge of hocking hills area but the drive in to town has many unique shops and antique stores to visit. We have 2 dogs that go everywhere with us. We camp most of the time but it was nice to be able to bring them along. The pet fee isn't any worse than the fee for boarding them and being a dog owner, it is expected. The deck is nice although freezing rain kept us from using it much. There is a charcoal grill on the deck if you want to grill. The hot tub was good size and clean. The pictures were taken from the living room looking out.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Lois W
Westerville, OH
“Sweet Cabin Stay”
Reviewed 1 August 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We enjoyed our stay at Cabin at the Cavern. The interior of the cabin was very nicely decorated and loved the log beams over the living room/family room area. Also, the large loft where my kids and grand-kids slept was great for our needs. The basement area where the game room and 3rd bedroom was could be finished out a bit more, but really no complaints. The cabin is surrounded by trees so was secluded and quiet. Furnished really well and enjoyed the antiques/decor. Plenty of space. My grandchildren, ages 8, 7 and 5 years ziplined (dragonfly course) nearby, so that was definitely a big hit. I would recommend Cabin at the Caverns.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Joan J
“OK cabin; VERY rude Customer Service”
Reviewed 30 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

This cabin was just OK. Pros: Pet Friendly. Cons: It was too far from Hocking Hills State Park. The trail to the "on-site" cavern was so overgrown that we did not want to hack our way through, especially with so many warnings about TICKS. The website stated that it had a gas grill, but it did not. The website stated that the Pet Fee was $50 but we were charged $100 for a small 20 lb. dog. The "fully equipped" kitchen did NOT have a dishwasher. The deck did not have any outdoor furniture and the outside lights (which could not be turned off) attracted so many little green bugs and larger insects, too, that unless we wanted to stand and swat at bugs, the deck was unusable. The little green bugs also made their way into the house and were so intense that we had to turn off all of the table lamps at night and clean up the end tables, which were littered with dead green bugs, every morning. These were minor issues. But, the property manager, Beth Kelly, was so RUDE when I questioned, via email, about the pet fee and check-in time discrepancies. She actually called my cell phone and screamed at me over the phone and stated that I had found the ONE website link that had not been updated to display the new $100 pet fee. It was the only link that I looked at. She should have thanked me for pointing it out. I did not ask for a refund, just clarification. She actually told me that I was "WASTING HER TIME" and was an "ABUSER" and hung up on me. This was after SHE CALLED ME and screamed at me for asking for clarification of fees. The website for Cabin at the Cavern still displays the $50 Pet Fee. The entire exchange with Beth Kelly left a very bad impression of the Cabins in Hocking company. The customer service was non-existent and abusive. I will NEVER do business with Cabins in Hocking again and would certainly NEVER RECOMMEND any of their cabins to my friends and family, unless someone else is managing the reservations. I'm still shocked by Beth Kelly's total lack civility, acknowledgement of the website error and inability to apologize for the discrepancy. She acted as though I was making this up. A simple apology for the mistake on the website would have gone a long way. Again, I was not asking for a refund, just a clarification. I was left with a very bad opinion of Beth Kelly and her poor capability to answer questions and make her guests feel welcome.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
3 Jul 2017
The pet fee is $50 for some cabins and $100 for bigger cabins, as I explained over and over and over. She emailed me 3 times before she ever came to the cabin telling me that she would leave a bad review, so this was expected. I told her that I would not be bullied into lowering the pet fee. This is all because of the pet fee, I think this review shows who has the anger issue. It is unfortunate that reviews have become a weapon for some people to try to use and not the helpful tool that they were intended to be.
Amy J
“Cabin in the Cavern”
Reviewed 1 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

We had a wonderful time! The house was very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the view and all the amenities- hot tub, ping ping, air hockey. We would definitely recommend staying here!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing