“Great food,staff just ok”

Original Pancake House
Ranked #37 of 209 Restaurants in West Chester
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 September 2017

The food was very good at a nice price but the hostess was really sour and we waited a rather long time to be seated with no one in line before us. Service was very slow and we could not get our check and dirty dishes never got cleared on the table across from us. I think they may have been short staffed when we were there.If you are a senior check out the menu for great prices!

1  Thank lifeisshortOhio

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

My daughter lives in Cincinnati.
I live in Fl. I am In Dayton visiting In-Laws and was Happy to meet my daughter here.
It is close to where she works.

Our waitress Cheyenne was very good at checking in with us without making us feel we were staying too long.

Daughter had the Blueberry waffle. It looked good and she ate it all so I assume she liked it.

I had The Eggs Michael.
It is what I always order.
Although good the size looks a lot smaller than the Montgomery location's and we were just there at Montgomery location about a month ago give or take. Less of the sauce with mushrooms given.
It Still tasted good.

The potato pancakes were a little over cooked for my preference so I only ate one.
I am positive If I brought to there attention they would have replaced but I was already full so no sense in wasting.

Very good location of the highway.
So easy on and off.

This location looks much larger than Montgomery Location so we did not have to wait at all which was a positive.

We did not use bathrooms.
The inside and outside were clean.
The check out /payment went quickly.
I would come back to this location and would recommend.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Five of us (one baby) visited the Original Pancake House on August 7, 2017. I was impressed by the facility which appeared to be very clean. They were busy so it took a few minutes for us to be seated. It was probably around 11 am. The menu had many excellent choices but I picked the 3 pancakes. Everyone at our table had something different. Although it did seem to take a little longer than I am accustomed to at other similar places the food was wonderful. Our server was very attentive and friendly. I would say that each of us "over ordered" since food was left when we were completely finished. Although this was my first time at this facility I would love to return as soon as possible. I think we all agreed on that point. By the way, the final bill was $50 and we had stacks of food on the table so the prices are good.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

I like Original Pancake House in other areas. This one was just ok. I ordered cherry crepes which was actually very good. However, I was thoroughly disappointed with the coffee and sausage patties, very yuck!! The waitress said the creamer was half and half but it was not; it was regular milk (as if I could not tell the difference). The sausage patties were extremely salty for some reason to the point that I could not finish eating them! Even the water tasted bad; it had an aftertaste. The waitress was just ok; she had a "just here to do my job" attitude. The cashier was asking everyone how everything was so I told her that I did not enjoy my coffee and sausage patties and her response was that she was sorry to hear that and she just proceeded to process the transaction. This is all I have to say about this location.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Food is usually very good, service can be hit or miss but last time it was good. I really enjoy the almond crusted french toast and my wife the apple waffle with tropical syrup. The Kona coffee is very good and the orange juice is freshly squeezed.