“A bar with food”

Add it.
RockWest Music and Grub Pub
Cuisines: African
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Stopped in early evening and the place was empty except for two guys at the bar-one of whom, unfortunately, was way too loud for 4:00. Left the bar and tried to hide in the farthest corner. The space is very plain and very open. Had a fish bites "appetizer" which they serve with fries -ws a bit surprised at that, butboth were very good. Nothing wrong with the food, but the place seems more like a later night gathering spot than someplace to go for a relaxing lunch or dinner. t changed hands recently and my understanding is that the new owner wanted to switch from an older jazz and blues crowd to a younger rock buch.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I went with another couple for dinner and to hear a live band. We drove 40 minutes, so you can tell we really wanted to hear the live band. 3 of us had burgers. Mine was really good! (Bacon and blue cheese burger) The fries were hard and cold, but other than that the meal was good. The band (Heart and Soul) was playing 70's and 80's music.It was pretty good. It was an older crowd. I'm gonna tell my mother it's a good place for her to go to.

1  Thank wetsybetsy1
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I've been there four times. Food is good, but not consistent. First time I loved the Red Curry Thai salad. The dressing was full of authentic Thai flavor. Twice since it had little flavor. Grouper bites are fantastic. The blackened grouper "Rueben" doesn't have much in common with a traditional rueben, but it was a great sandwich. This is a quirky place in a strip mall that is well worth checking out. At night the live band spent over an hour doing sound checks that were not very entertaining, but loud enough to prevent conversation. Lunchtime is quiet.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

We actually stumbled upon this spot by chance. They had a live band and we decided to go have a beer. Good service. Good food ( we went bacd a couple more times to eat) and the bands that we heard were very good! Sorry I don't recall the names to give them props.