“Served as expected!!”

Lalibela Ethiopian Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Whitehall
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed 12 February 2018

I had an experience eating at ethiopian restaurant before and it was wonderful. So this time i convince my friends from different state are on the business trip to Columbus to go and eat a dinner with me. It was well served with taste and good portion with inexpensive menu. Being a vegetarian i ordered Veg Platter and it was more than enough food for me to finish alone. it was over all great.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve never dined in here but I get takeout quite often. I always receive friendly service on the phone and at pick up. Great food takes time so don’t be in a rush. Sometimes I have to wait on my takeout but they have a nice bar and I always feel welcomed as I wait.
I get the vegetarian platter and love it. The price is good and I can make 3 meals out of it. The food tastes homemade. It is flavorful and plentiful.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

It was my first time eating Ethiopian cuisine. We ordered several dishes and shared among all. The tilapia and lamb were delicious. The cabbage and corn sides were also tasty for even those without a well rounded palate. The spinach is fermented I think. I liked it, but if you don't like kimchi it may not be something you'd like.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

The Ethiopian food is tasty. The other things on the menu like spaghetti and the house salad, I wouldn't exactly go for, but if you must, try it. The building could use work, but I enjoyed eating this wonderful food.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

We went here for our first experience with Ethiopian cuisine, and came away anything but disappointed. The setting is plain and unpretentious, reflecting its role as an ethnic neighborhood bar, eatery and general hangout for folks of limited material means. Clients are largely Ethiopian locals, but also include a healthy smattering of Americans of varying hues.

The vibe is welcoming and friendly, and our attentive waitress thoroughly and cheerfully explained the various dishes and how they are eaten. If you are a greenhorn, as we were, fear not, as you'll be made to feel entirely at home. If you are familiar with the many little Italian restaurants in South Philly decades back, you'll know what to exactly what to expect except for what's on the menu.

Remember, though, that some of the oilier dishes are a challenge to work through the digestive tract if you're not used to them. To resolve this before bedtime, try to dine early. Too, as each dish can be substantial be prepared to use doggie bags and resist the temptation to overeat.

In all, a wonderful find that we never would have known about had it not been for TripAdvisor.