“Beautiful home- peaceful weekend!”
Review of Hasseman House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmot
Hasseman House B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Wilmot B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 June 2015

My husband and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary at this lovely B&B. The innkeeper is friendly and pleasant, and played music for us while we ate breakfast! A Christian who shares his faith, but does not push it, we really enjoyed visiting with him.
I was not sure about staying in a B&B, since we are kind of private people. But we were given keys to the front door and to our room, and came and went as we pleased all weekend.
We were the only guests, so it was very quiet and peaceful. The grounds are beautiful and the house is amazing.
We'll be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Guest room, but they all looked lovely!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
HassemanHouseBnB, Manager at Hasseman House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience staying with us. It was a blessing to meet you as well!

There are newer reviews for Hasseman House B&B

Reviewed 14 May 2015

This is a lovely old home filled with beautiful furnishings and tastefully decorated. We had the Attic Room which was charming - they have done a great job converting an unusual space under the sloping roof into a comfortable and unique room. Jason was really friendly, showed us around, and was happy to chat. We purchased his CD of hymns played on solo piano, and recommend it highly! We hope to stay here again the next time we are in the area.

We also recommend the farm store next door which had local meats and other farm products for excellent prices.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for your kind review. It was great to have you as well and I'm so glad you like my CD. By the way, I play piano at the nearby Amish Door Restaurant every Saturday from 3:30 to 7:30 pm. I really am blessed to be able to share my gift of music with others.

Reviewed 29 March 2015

The Hubby and I went there on a last minute overnight getaway. first floor there is a living room area, a dining room with multiple music instruments where you have breakfast and a kitchen where you can grab some tea or coffee. There is a big front porch to sit on and it looks like a small balcony connected to one of the rooms in back. second floor were the rooms (except for 3rd floor attic room) We stayed in the guest room. it is in the front of the house and the house sits very close to the main road and since it is an old house the road noise is quite noticeable. If you are a light sleeper I would recommend maybe one of the other rooms but the guest room was nice. Jason the innkeeper which seems like a genuinely nice person, greeted us and told us a little about the history of the house which was nice and then showed us to our room. There were two yummy cookies and some fudge which was awesome!. I was a little concerned since there was a door that connected our room to another guest room right next to the bed that we would hear people talking but we didn't hear anything, It also has bath and body works shampoo, and bar of soap. and a small television. In the morning breakfast gets going around 9am and Jason was down there We had french toast, sausage, maple syrup from the farm, applesauce, oj and coffee. it was wonderful. Jason also played a little on the harp for us and I saw an accordion and joked I have never heard an accordion live so he played us a little something! nothing like a little polka to get you going in the morning! cant speak for the grounds since it was so cold we really didn't walk around. We did however, go to the amish door to use the pool and hot tub around 10pm but it was so busy and full of kids we decided just came back but it is there is you would like to use it and has a bathroom/shower area to change right by the pool. Also if you are reading this and have always wanted a harp. Jason hand crafts harps from local Keim lumbar. Give him a call if you are interested. All in all it was a nice low key stay and I would stay again. very reasonably priced compared to other places to stay in the area. also surprised they have wi-fi!

Room Tip: attic is the most private since it is the top floor all by itself. boys room is probably the most qu...
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redhead123456
HassemanHouseBnB, Manager at Hasseman House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2015

Thank you SO MUCH for the kind words and positive thoughts you shared in your review. It was equally a blessing to have you stay with us. You and your husband have such sweet spirits about you. We look forward to hosting you again!

One note about the door by the bed: It is actually just a closet and does not directly open into the adjacent room :)

Reviewed 25 October 2014

My husband and I are former B&B owner/operators and are always pleased to stay at a place that treats people like they are friends like we used to do. The room was beautiful, the surroundings lovely, and we loved the faucet in our bathroom that changed the water from the tub to the shower. We'd never seen one quite like that. The woodwork and fretwork, stained glass windows, and furniture are lovely. We stayed in The Guest Room, though all the rooms are lovely, reasonable, and easy access to about any part of Amish country. Jason played the harp for us while we were eating a delicious breakfast. He and his family have been running the Hasseman House for 11 years. We look forward to going back when the weather is warm and we can enjoy the lovely front porch.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nleff
HassemanHouseBnB, Manager at Hasseman House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2014

Thank you so much for the encouraging review and it also means a lot that you come from a background of Innkeeping. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and get to know you. Many blessings and look forward to seeing you again. :)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I have an Amish furniture store in Virginia and travel to the Wayne/Holmes county area of Ohio each Summer. For the past two years we have stayed at The Hasseman House Bed & Breakfast and will be coming back again next month. There is no other place in that area we would prefer to stay. There are all kinds of B&Bs out there, some so elegant (and expensive) that you are afraid to sit on the furniture, and the inn keepers are there to impress the guest with all they have to offer. Well Hasseman House in not like that at all. Turn of the century home furnished in nice period furniture, well maintained in side an out, that is what you will find at Hasseman House. More important you will find an Inn Keeper and his family that are real people and reveal to their guest who they are, no show here. The rooms are very comfortable and livable. The breakfast is simple, but more than I would do for myself, and if prepared in a real kitchen just steps away from the dining room. You might even get a special treat during breakfast. The Inn Keeper plays piano and builds and plays the harp, so if time allows you just might be treated to “Amazing Grace”. I know when I enter Hassaman House that I feel truly like I am visiting a dear friend or relative. The warmth and grace from the Inn Keeper, Jason, his wife Jenny and their two daughters is real and comforting. If you need something or want to talk they are there, and if you want privacy all you need to do is go to your room, sit on the big porch or take a walk around the 300 acre farm. The one major plus to Hassaman House is that the Inn Keeper and his family are Christains and share their love for the Lord, if you are willing to listen. Last of all you cannot beat the cost of a room at the Hasseman House and the location on Rt 62 is perfect to get just about anywhere in the Amish country. We cannot wait to visit again and hope to many more times over the years. We truly feel blessed when we visit Ohio Amish Country and Hasseman House.

Room Tip: Each of the four rooms are unique. All have individual AC and Heat controls and nice baths. The atti...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
HassemanHouseBnB, Manager at Hasseman House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thanks Bob!!
You and Sharon are such a blessing. You are truly guests who have become friends. Your words of affirmation and encouragement mean a lot to us. I wanted to add for those reading this that your business is: Clinch Mountain Amish Furniture. Anyone in Virginia should check it out as these people are wonderful :) God bless!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmot
0.9 km away
17.7 km away
Amish Country Lodging
Amish Country Lodging
#2 of 11 in Berlin

Been to Hasseman House B&B? Share your experiences!