“What happened?”

Paladar Latin Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Paladar Latin Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Woodmere
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Brazilian, Cuban, Latin, Guatemalan
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 271 / Chagrin Boulevard
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had been to Paladar twice in the past. We had great food and service, so we decided to go and try their Easter brunch. With that said...What happened? The guacamole bar was good, but it went downhill from there. The eggs, potatoes, and chorizo were cold. I understand it was a buffet, but at least they could have been warm. The couple at the table next us said the same thing. Wet and soapy plates are not very appetizing either. The service was so, so. We asked for water at least twice and never got a refill. No one asked us how the meal was. We will probably go back, but they really dropped the ball on this brunch. We were looking forward to this meal and walked away disappointed.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited this restaurant for dinner with my family when staying nearby. The space is modern with high ceilings. A bit noisy but a fun vibe. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. We started with the house made guacamole. I could have licked the plate. They customize it if you wish, but all we added was peppers and it was great. The salsa was also great..very smokey. Those were served with plantain chips and yucca chips..an unexpected choice but very good. The shrimp ceviche was slightly bland. The fish tacos were perfect and very tasty as was the black bean soup. The shrimp po boy was good but there are better choices on the menu. The paloma with jalapeño was outstanding. We left very full! I would definitely come back if I was in the area.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Paladar tops my list of favorite restaurants. The food is delicious from the housemade guacamole, braised beef ropa vieja, to the rum-glazed Cuban pork and fish tacos....and let’s not forget the best mojitos and bartenders in town! My list can go on and on. I have never had a bad meal here dine in or carry out. We are always visited by a manager when we eat in to ensure that everything about our meal was top-notch. It hands-down is the best restaurant of its kind in the area!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I have to say for as many times as I have been to Eton I have never set foot in Paladar, had zero idea of what was going on inside! A few friends were in town for the holidays and selected it for its central location, and what a great pick. The night was bone-chilling, but we warmed up nicely with a wide array of beverages (oddly none of us had rum!), and started off with a fantastic (traditional) guacamole and queso findido made without meat. Loved the basket of chips that came with the appetizers, not just your standard basket of nacho chips, but they kick it up a notch with taro and plantain chips. Our server was beyond fantastic. She was super attentive without being pushy, and was quick to identify any special dietary needs. She was also very helpful in pointing out what dishes could be made and taste good minus the meat for the veggie in the group. I do believe her name was Alethea and I'd go back to Paladar for her service alone. She either really loves her job and people, or she deserves an Academy Award! We ran the gamut on entrees and every plate was thoroughly cleaned. My tiny tuna tacos were really a delight, great flavor, and uniquely served on taro shells rather than the standard corn or flour shells. After the plates were cleared and we were contemplating dessert, a plate of churros show up with chocolate and marshmallow sauce on the side. I think Alethea wanted to sweeten us up because I didn't not eat my side of cauliflower that I ordered. Honestly, it looked charred to death, and was not particularly tasty (chili spiced was advertised on the menu). The churros were loaded with cinnamon which pleased three out of four of us at the table, and Alethea must have heard the comments as we were digging into the churros and out of no where comes a bowl of mango sorbet. If this is how the restaurant runs and trains its staff, then well done! If it was our waitress making calls on her own, and wowing her guests on her own, double well done! The room was a little loud, but not horrible, we could talk among ourselves without issue, and lighting was also dimmed for the evening, but still light enough to see what we were doing. I'm looking forward to another trip back soon. If you are holed up in a nearby hotel, worth the trip down Chagrin for a meal at Paladar.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Met for happy hour and apps. Absolutely fabulous guacamole (got 3 different kinds) with plantain and other assorted chips. Also had portobello empanadas - OMG they were to die for! This was one of the best happy hour and appetizer combinations I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying! Will be back!