“June's chicken flies high”
Review of June's

June's
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Checotah
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

It's really hard to believe anyone would think that June's chicken is terrible or poor but I guess you can't please everyone. First of all the chunks are small so they are done but what makes them really good is the breading batter that use that I believe is the secret recipe of June. The place is somewhat small and been in downtown Checotah for a long time. The do have several other items on the menu but they do try to keep it simple so everything is good. The wait staff is pleasant and helpful. I guarantee that if you're not a picky type person you should "try it you'll like it".

1  Thank Raymond B

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We heard about this on Discover Oklahoma (Oklahoma Tourism television show) and knew we had to try it. On our way back from Arkansas we arranged to stop here for lunch and it was worth it. Love the diner feel. Very homey atmosphere, clean and well-kept. Decorated so cute for Christmas. Great, friendly service and very fast too.
Hubby and I each got the half order boneless chicken dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy and a salad. There was so much chicken we still had enough left to bring some home. That is some of the best boneless chicken I've had. It was moist and favorable. The potatoes and gravy were excellent too. Our son had a club sandwich which he said was great. It came with a bag of chips. Lots on the menu to choose from. One could eat here every day of the week and have something different everytime. I will be back sometime to eat here again and explore the antique malls on main street as well.

1  Thank OkieGirl_3400
Reviewed 23 October 2017

The tables were never empty long when we was here. We stopped here for lunch on our trip and was not disappointed at all. We started with the fried mushrooms that were not greasy at all. I got chicken fried chicken that was full of flavor and very tender deep friend perfection. Real mash potato with cream gravy. Wife got steak fingers that were some of the best we have ever had. They were super tender well breaded. The breading to meat balance was perfect and it was all breading. Seasoned well and not over cooked.

2  Thank Michael W
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I really like the huge chicken fried steak ! They a likely best know for their hand breaded chicken that my wife and kids love. I think I most enjoy the home town atmosphere that comes from this truly locally owned restaurant.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Randomly stopped in Checotah for dinner on a road trip and happily happened upon June's on Chicken Fry-day. The food was delicious, true southern comfort food. The staff was very friendly, and the place was very clean. Would definitely go back. If we do, my son and I would split a dinner, because the portions are huge!

2  Thank Breea C

Been to June's? Share your experiences!