“Will never return”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and I have been to the Cliff multiple times and really enjoyed ourselves. For his 30th birthday, the husband wanted to get a limo from our hometown, pack it with a group of friends, and head to the Cliff. We booked our reservation in June. Called to confirm in July and...no reservation. We called to confirm again at the beginning of August and again, no reservation. We called two nights before we were to arrive and again, they had lost our reservation. Finally, the night before our visit, they got things straight.

We had a party of 12. We showed up, our table was ready, everything seemed fine. Until we were told they were out of filets. How the heck does a steak house run out of filets ESPECIALLY when you know you have a group of 12 coming in from an hour away for a special occassion??? Our orders were taken. Those of us that were to receive a salad never did. I am not even sure how that happens. We finally got our food, it was all screwed up. I received a 16 ounce prime rib with steamed vegetables, I ordered the 12 ounce prime rib with mashed potatoes. The meal belonged at the other end of the table. I gave the meal to its owner and was informed by the waiter that I was wrong, THAT was my plate, not the other guy's. And then here came a waiter with my meal. It was just a mess, a total mess. We were told there would be a DJ, no DJ. And at 10:30, they started shutting down the lights and such to get us to leave.

After all of that, they charged us 18% tip on our tickets. Don't get me wrong, it has a beautiful view. It is in an usual location and we have previously enjoyed ourselves there. But losing our reservation multiple times, being out of filets, the service, shutting down the lights to get us to leave....it was just incredibly embarrassing and disappointing and we will NEVER return.

4  Thank OklahomaPrettyKitty

Reviewed 26 August 2012

We had a group of 16, 4 couples and the rest children, for lunch. They were able to seat us right away, then the wait began. They kept coming back and refilling drinks to try and keep us happy, but after TWO HOURS, with hungry children suffering, the food was not worth it. Plus, the child with serious allergies who could not eat any of the appetizers, got his meal second to last. His father's meal finally came out after everyone else was done eating. It was a disaster! I can't remember which day of the week it was. But there is still no excuse for that kind of service. One more thing... we were hoping to eat outside, but the deck was closed because they had a party the night before and it still had garbage and remnants from that all over. And this was at lunch time!

3  Thank Ellen O
Reviewed 18 August 2012

First, we come in n the hotess sit us away from everyone else, we r hispanic so it made me think.... Then they take long on the food, when it gets there the hamburgers for kids were the size of a buisquit, french fries were worst then the ones they sell at the carnivals (dry n old). My husband order a chicken alfredo pasta, some of the noodles were stuck to each other made it into chunks, the sauce tasted like the one i buy at the store and chicken was and look dry from the inside. I ordered a hamburger with mushrooms and swiss cheese was good until i had a bite where the meat had a bad taste and i didnt even ate the fries. To top it off the hotess was at the counter just looking at us, made us very uncomfortable. Will not go back. I felt like the hostess thought "what r these broke hispanic people doing here" We were actually traveling so we were not so appropiate dressed..so sad:(

5  Thank alwaysfamily
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Had an average lunch which was served in a very pretty setting with a below average server. Dinners are nothing to write home about and very expensive for what you get.

2  Thank Kary W
Reviewed 6 July 2012

The scenary is gorgeous! We both had the Monte Cristo sandwich...it was yummy! We went on a sunday night closer to close so we were the only ones there pretty much. It is a relaxing romantic place! We will be back!!

1  Thank shannon b