“A total Waste!”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I was going to write a review of our visit last weekend but there is no point. Sure wish I had read the latest reviews here before hand. Way over priced, The local cafe has a lot better service. Come to think of it the local cafe has a lot better food as well! By the way, they no long have a liquor licence and they still do not have items on the menu and this was a Friday night. My Rib Eye was a cheap cut and the rub was way too salty. There was no Prime rib available although it was on the menu. Paid 7.00 for bread pudding that was bland and barely there. The good news is you no longer need a reservation because people are starting to figure out how bad it is. Guess I needed to write a review after all.

1  Thank RickL195357

Reviewed 8 September 2012

My husband and I eat here maybe once every other month. Every time we go they are out of something. Sometimes the waiter or waitress will tell you they are out of something even when the rest of the order is on the way out. On my daughters birthday the waiter suggested the Banana Foster to my daughter. Then he came out to tell us they are out of bananas.On top of that,always being out of something, I have always thought the prices are rather high, but I would deal with it because they had the best fried chicken at the Cliff. Tonight we drove from Ardmore and when I ordered the fried chicken, the waiter told me they no longer serve the fried chicken. Thats what kept me coming back, but I wont mess with it anymore Most of the time the waiters/waitress take their time, like the one time another waitress came to our table to say our waitress is in the bathroom smoking and will be out soon, because she is going through a rough day. Tonight our waiter was very polite, and service was pretty good. I have found two really good restaurants in the Wynnewood area, so we will start enjoying over there. Not returning here.Soooooo long Cliff of Cedervale.

1  Thank 47369Trisha_1964
Reviewed 4 September 2012

drove two hours to get to this place, had heard it was super place to eat. as soon as we entered we were told that they were out of most things on menu, manager told us it was slow season, really? its summer folks, and its your slow season . waiter kept appoligizing for this, dark, dirty, overpriced, skip this one, couldnt find a place in there that even remotely resembled pics on website.wont return

2  Thank Ron S
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and I have been to the Cliff multiple times and really enjoyed ourselves. For his 30th birthday, the husband wanted to get a limo from our hometown, pack it with a group of friends, and head to the Cliff. We booked our reservation in June. Called to confirm in July and...no reservation. We called to confirm again at the beginning of August and again, no reservation. We called two nights before we were to arrive and again, they had lost our reservation. Finally, the night before our visit, they got things straight.

We had a party of 12. We showed up, our table was ready, everything seemed fine. Until we were told they were out of filets. How the heck does a steak house run out of filets ESPECIALLY when you know you have a group of 12 coming in from an hour away for a special occassion??? Our orders were taken. Those of us that were to receive a salad never did. I am not even sure how that happens. We finally got our food, it was all screwed up. I received a 16 ounce prime rib with steamed vegetables, I ordered the 12 ounce prime rib with mashed potatoes. The meal belonged at the other end of the table. I gave the meal to its owner and was informed by the waiter that I was wrong, THAT was my plate, not the other guy's. And then here came a waiter with my meal. It was just a mess, a total mess. We were told there would be a DJ, no DJ. And at 10:30, they started shutting down the lights and such to get us to leave.

After all of that, they charged us 18% tip on our tickets. Don't get me wrong, it has a beautiful view. It is in an usual location and we have previously enjoyed ourselves there. But losing our reservation multiple times, being out of filets, the service, shutting down the lights to get us to leave....it was just incredibly embarrassing and disappointing and we will NEVER return.

4  Thank OklahomaPrettyKitty
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We had a group of 16, 4 couples and the rest children, for lunch. They were able to seat us right away, then the wait began. They kept coming back and refilling drinks to try and keep us happy, but after TWO HOURS, with hungry children suffering, the food was not worth it. Plus, the child with serious allergies who could not eat any of the appetizers, got his meal second to last. His father's meal finally came out after everyone else was done eating. It was a disaster! I can't remember which day of the week it was. But there is still no excuse for that kind of service. One more thing... we were hoping to eat outside, but the deck was closed because they had a party the night before and it still had garbage and remnants from that all over. And this was at lunch time!

3  Thank Ellen O