“Okay, say what you will, but Denny's just hits the spot!”
Review of Denny's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Denny's
Ranked #60 of 81 Restaurants in McAlester
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is the typical 24/7 diner that serves breakfast anytime - or, in the case of a super-late traveling trip, a tasty salad, french fries, a milk shake, and coffee at 2 am . . . and the waitress never even blinked. The coffee is fresh, the food was cooked to-order, and the restroom was clean (as was the rest of the place). The staff was friendly and did not mind hosting people that just needed to not be in a car for an hour.

1  Thank Katherine Z

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Typical food for Denny's. But the server Ashton was absolutely amazing. Service isn't always about just getting the food and drinks right. Attitude is a huge part of the service success. She did great work with all aspects of the food and drinks, but it was definitely her awesome attitude and ability to interact with our group. My group is a high energy group of adrenaline junkies. We race the 4 wheelers at monster truck shows around the country. We have fun wherever we go, and we are entertainers. We go to many places during our travels and have seen all types of servers. Ashton has got an attitude of great fun and proportion. We wish that more service people felt and acted with a sense of pride in their job and had a great attitude like her. To the management there, I hope that you can recognize that you have an asset that should be encouraged and nurtured. Ps, this is written by the fork guy.

1  Thank Awenterprises
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I was in town on business and was craving pancakes, so I stopped in for dinner. Waitress was attentive, and the pancakes were wonderful. Turkey sausage was the best I've ever had.

1  Thank Kristi S
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

This is the Denny's we always stopped at with family when heady back to our home town of St. Lois for visits. This time it was just my sister and I with our young kids. We decided to keep the usual stop and it will be the last time. Food was ok but they were out of regular fries and "mayonnaise to make ranch" when my sister asked for the price to be adjusted for the lack of ability to complete her order, she said she could only take a dollar off. Then she forgot order items she had written down. I think this place just needs to close and fire all of the staff including the management and start over!

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Wondered why there were no customers. Staff was friendly but cleanliness was something else entirely! Avoid at all costs

1  Thank Kirk C