“Amazing Food”

Ranked #43 of 360 Restaurants in Norman
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We have been to Blu before for drinks and had never thought about visiting for a meal before now. We took in the Brunch on a Sunday after church.

There is something for everyone on the menu and don’t let the fancy names scare you off. I had the steak and eggs on a potato hash. Incredible. The steak was fantastic.

The pancakes my son had looked great and my wife enjoyed her Avacado toast. The double mimosas were a great partner to the meal.

Both sons who are picky eaters asked to go back!

The service was stellar and all of
The staff was nice!

1  Thank Jonathan F

Reviewed 27 February 2018

We went for dinner with our kids and it was great. We wanted to try something different and we really enjoyed the food and the mojito.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

we went there again this last friday before the 2nd friday art walk, everyone ordered the half-price pizzas no complaints service good pizza good drinks good. the review from red onions is a little biased i would NOT get food from here to go even for the half price pizzas for happy hour the price goes to regular price if you ask for it too go. a nice place on the east side of norman

Reviewed 19 September 2017

A friend of mine called me from Blu today where she was dining. I said I'd never been there. She offered to bring me lunch, so I looked up the online menu. It's a prix fixe meal--two items for nine dollars. I ordered soup--the Roasted Red Pepper and Gouda Cheese, a "cream based pepper soup with five cheeses," and a sandwich, the Caprese, described as a "hot house tomato, buffalo mozzarella, black pepper, basil, olive oil and vinegar toasted ciabatta." My friend insisted I try a slice of New York style cheesecake, so I said that was fine.

When my friend dropped off lunch, packed inside styrofoam boxes neatly stacked inside a plastic bag, I picked it up and said, "Where's the food?" It didn't WEIGH anything! The boxes inside might as well have been empty for what I got. Here's what they served me for $14.00. Ever seen ciabatta bread? It's a square roll with the texture of a scone. They aren't large to begin with. I got a QUARTER of a ciabatta roll, and it was stale, with a limp dill pickle spear on the side. Inside the sandwich was one slice of tomato, one thin slice of mozarella, maybe two drops of brown vinegar on the bread (I assume it was either balsamic vinegar or it had turned) and a few little shreds of dried basil on top of the cheese. No olive oil. No pepper. Presentation was sloppy, and the sandwich tasted very bland. I had to season it myself, and decided to broil it to melt the cheese, which gave it a little more flavor and a softer texture. The whole (or I should say, quarter) sandwich came to approximately three bites.

As for the soup, they don't say what kind of pepper they use to make it. I assume they want you to think they use red bell peppers, cream and lots of cheese. Well, if this soup had ANY kind of pepper in it, feel free to prove otherwise. It had exactly the same gloppy, thick texture, color and flavor as Campbell's Cream of Tomato Soup out of a can, with two ancient tomato chunks in it and a dash of Italian herbs. Five cheese, you say? Try about three tasteless, chewy little pieces of congealed white cheese dropped into the bowl. Cream-based? Only if Campbell's still adds cream to their soups. I measured the amount of soup I received. They gave me a generous five ounces. To put the measurement into perspective, a full cup is eight ounces. I guess a cup of soup at Blu isn't the same as what the rest of the world thinks.

The cheesecake tasted like it came from Sara Lee, and the crust was soggy. In keeping with the rest of my lunch, the slice was pretty stingy. It came with a giant strawberry that was literally one-quarter the size of the cheesecake and taller!

Summing up: I have eaten larger, fresher and tastier meals at a public school cafeteria. That isn't meant to be a compliment--merely a comparison. The food isn't cheap for what you get, but whoever runs this place sure is. Nine dollars (plus tax and tip) for five ounces of soup and a corner of a sandwich is highway robbery. For the same amount, I could go nearly anywhere in town and buy a foot-long submarine sandwich, and still have change left over.

So long, Blu. Be sure to tell your son that leaving the "E" off the end of the name "Blu" absolutely epitomizes what you don't get at this place.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Could be a great late nite place for drinks and interesting bar food... waitstaff is completely lost... the waitress took our drink order... was gone for 10 minutes... came back to take our food order... still no drinks... food took WAY too long to come out on a not busy night... food was cold when it arrived, had to send back

At one point i ordered an IPA, the waitress said "i think were out lemme check" she went to check, came back and said "we have it" so i ordered that beer... ten minutes later she comes back and says "no i was wrong we are out"

Completely lost and out to lunch bartender, waitress and manager..

1  Thank A7332VTvictorr

Been to BLU Restaurant? Share your experiences!