Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue
Ranked #65 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

To continue to build IHG points, I tried this hotel on my trip to Oklahoma City. It is an older Hotel but in good repair. It was my first time here and my overall stay wasn't that bad. The breakfast in the morning is good and does the trick. I did Reserve this online and was under the impression that they gave a government discount. Though it is my fault that I did not catch the price per night, after I brought it to the attention of management I was hoping they were going to give me the government price anyway. Perhaps I didn't request it properly. So make sure you understand the price if you are Government rate. Overall it is not a bad Hotel, it does have a little age on it but is in good repair. Unfortunately I can't give it a three-and-a-half star, as this app does not permit that. But it is a good hotel to stay at.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Hello Helomech1969,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express And Suites Oklahoma City-Arpt-Meridian Avenue OK and leaving your honest feedback.

While I am glad to hear that your stay was a good stay, I am sorry to hear that the service received in handling your rate concern fell below expectation. IHG sincerely cares about your experience, and I appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I have shared your comments with hotel management and I know they appreciate your sharing your experience and am confident they will take steps so this doesn’t happen again.

I know that this stay may not have been the best but I am hopeful for another opportunity to welcome you back for an improved experience.

Many thanks,

Ronald R.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Ick, never again! My impression of this place was it was and older hotel that HI had rehabbed and rebranded! Nasty, old smelly, worn out. The first room I was given had an open door and the room was not clean. Second room at least the door was clean and appeared clean, however the bath gel was half empty. Clearly the maids at this place don't care. We presented our gov't travel ordered and were refused re: no taxes based on the first four of our gov't issued cc's BS! They just don't want to do the paperwork! The elevator sounded like it was going to die at any minute/ Sketchy neighborhood! NEVER AGAIN! Close to airport, but there are better hotels for same money in the area!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Hi FredFStone,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our property particularly with the condition of the rooms, elevator, and the property itself. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

For the price (which varied from $110 for a Friday night to more than $140 for a Tuesday night stay?!!) I expected a whole lot more!!! The room had a musty odor, and hall carpet was wrinkled up. Lots of construction workers (which is fine, just not families), close to several vacant buildings. We didn't get breakfast one morning because the staff didn't show up! Not a recommendation for me.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Hello KevinMccall!

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. I'm sorry to learn that multiple issues marred your stay. It is always our goal to not only meet your expectations but exceed them. I understand that we failed in that department for you. Please accept my apology. Although I know it can never truly make up for what you encountered, I offer it to you with complete sincerity.

I have shared your comments with our entire team to ensure that we learn from our service lapses. Please know that we take every guest comment seriously and value your opinion. We are committed to excellence and use your feedback to reach that goal.

We appreciate you for choosing us for your lodging needs in the area. I hope we have the opportunity to show you an experience that aligns with the many 5-star reviews we receive every week.

Many thanks,

Gian M

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We stopped here as it was a great location for the places we were going. The place is older but was clean. The beds were so comfortable I had a great nights sleep. The breakfast was the usual but the place was clean & well stocked.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2017

Over years probably stayed at this hotel six + times. Great location. Wide variety of restaurants very close. Front desk manager ? recognized my name and just handed me the key -- made me feel like "I had come home." Rooms are large and comfortable. Breakfast is always great. Super parking for any size vehicle. Great on and off Interstate location.

Room Tip: I like a west facing room because the sun doesn't bother me in the a.m.