“Great selection of sushi! Super fresh!”
Review of Sushi Neko

Sushi Neko
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Neko is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 1,719 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 43rd Street
Transit: There is a bus stop 1/2 block south at 43rd and Western.
Description: Voted best sushi bar for years by local Oklahoman since its opening 1998. If you're visiting Sushi Neko for the first time, don't be alarmed when our sushi chef shouts, Irasshai! It just means "welcome and make yourself at home." If you sit at the sushi bar, you'll notice the large, etched glass panel displayed on the back wall. The emblem in the center is a traditional family crest, called a "mon." Well, when you visit Sushi Neko, that's exactly what you are - family. We provide great variety sushi roll as well as nigiri, premier filet mignon, fresh oyster and seafood. We also offer fine wine and Japanese sake, as well as Japanese beer such as Asahi and Sapporo. Sushi Neko is the member of Western Avenue Association and member of Western Concepts Restaurant Group.
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I went here for a late lunch on a Saturday's. The place wasn't that busy. We ordered 2 rolls and sashimi. The selection of rolls were great and the fish was super dredge. We had the yellowtail and smoked salmon. We also had the Terry roll (which was delicious), the seared tuna roll (yum!), and the Nekko nugget (good but probably won't get again).

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Tried this place based on the reviews we had read and are so glad we did. We sat at the sushi bar next to a nice couple who said they eat here frequently. When we asked for recommendations, they commented "it's all incredible. We've never ordered anything we haven't liked!" Our waitress, Savannah, was helpful, attentive, enthusiastic, and made great suggestions on what to order. The chefs at the sushi bar were fun to watch. My husband had the best time watching them carefully make their sushi masterpieces. They would smile and tell us what they were making. We had a blast. The whole dining experience was first rate. I can't rate this restaurant highly enough!!!!

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Sushi Neko is a great little sushi restaurant & if you call ahead you can get the table in front. This is a fun, 'traditional' table, which is lower & has cushions.
We have been here many times and the staff is helpful and courteous. The atmosphere is laid back - like any good sushi restaurant. Quality of fish is consistently good and is exceptional 90% of the time. They have a tasty rainbow roll, some of the best eel I have ever had, and lots of tasty & creative rolls. They also have a good bar & many cocktails to choose from. For a non-alcoholic drink, have them make you a spicy ginger beer.
Sushi 'party' boats are the best option for a group. Lots of fresh sushi for a reasonable price.
Make sure you save room for dessert as all options are worth the caloric splurge. There is even a soy cheesecake, which is something I wish other restaurants would do (I'm looking at you, Cheesecake Factory!) I suggest the sampler tray, which is enough for 3-4 to share. Green tea ice cream is also good.

*Practical tip - restaurant has small bathrooms & you can end up standing by the kitchen, waiting for one to open up. However, walk through the north side of the restaurant, through the bar, and follow hall to your right. Great, large bathrooms in meeting hall.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

Firstly, there is lots of parking just behind the restaurant, so don't worry about finding a place on the street!

Now, as for the food, I found it incredibly delicious. I loved the selection as they offer many cooked rolls for many price ranges. We ordered the Seared Tuna, the Mermaid, and the Yummy. All were yummy, but my favorite was the deep-fried Yummy. The Mermaid was light and refreshing and the Seared Tuna was bursting with flavor.

The service was really great for such a small restaurant. Our waiter brought hot towels to start us off. At the end, he addressed and thanked my SO by name, which I thought was a nice, classy touch.

Both of us noted that if we knew anyone looking for sushi in OKC, we would definitely recommend this place. Try it out!

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

I have visited Neko routinely over the years. Oh I have tried the competitors as I as I am a sushi fan but none match the consistency of excellent food and service! I will return soon.