“Great spot, delicious rolls”
Review of Sushi Neko

Sushi Neko
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Neko is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 1,742 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 43rd Street
Transit: There is a bus stop 1/2 block south at 43rd and Western.
Description: Voted best sushi bar for years by local Oklahoman since its opening 1998. If you're visiting Sushi Neko for the first time, don't be alarmed when our sushi chef shouts, Irasshai! It just means "welcome and make yourself at home." If you sit at the sushi bar, you'll notice the large, etched glass panel displayed on the back wall. The emblem in the center is a traditional family crest, called a "mon." Well, when you visit Sushi Neko, that's exactly what you are - family. We provide great variety sushi roll as well as nigiri, premier filet mignon, fresh oyster and seafood. We also offer fine wine and Japanese sake, as well as Japanese beer such as Asahi and Sapporo. Sushi Neko is the member of Western Avenue Association and member of Western Concepts Restaurant Group.
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

As a sushi fanatic I like to try it everywhere I go. Being that this is in the middle of the country, you'd think to be skeptical of fresh sushi. Leave no doubt, this is great food. The rolls are large, the cuts are fresh, and the taste is right. Moshi is on the menu too, I'm commonly finding it harder to find that, so bonus points for taking the time to make it.

Great place, great date place, if I had one :(

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Business dinner in OKC and decided on Sushi Neko since this was rated #1. Typical menu of rolls with a couple of newbies I've never heard of. The actual fillers are well sized and not just rice like other sushi restaurants. The biggest issue we had were the rolls falling apart...didn't matter which one we ordered so whoever was wrapping them was off their game perhaps. Last point is the Typhoon Roll which the menu states is "marinated beef"...this roll was horrible as the meat was tough and chewy - if it was marinated it wasn't long as it wasn't even close to tasty either. In the end it may have been an off night but not overly impressed for what was supposed to be a top ranked location.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

We were seating surprisingly fast for a Saturday night dinner. The service was good and the sushi tasted great. The restaurant seemed slightly crowded with the closeness of the tables to each other but otherwise we had a great dinner.

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

I love this place. It's the real deal for quality sushi. I always order the Red Canyon and it's amazing!!

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

Food was absolutely delicious. The volcano roll was so good. The fried rice was very good. I didn't like the drink I ordered but I will be back. The waitress, I believe her name was Tram, was awesome!!

David H, Manager at Sushi Neko, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

Glad you enjoyed everything particularly the Volcano Sushi Roll, we will see you next time!