“Muy Delicioso!”

Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving friend and family a delicious meal in your home is deeply embedded in Mexican culture. With that in mind, Ted Curtis, our founder, set out to create a welcoming restaurant inspired by that experience. We are rooted in serving the best Mexican food, made from the freshest premium-quality ingredients, served with unsurpassed hospitality. Since the first Ted's Café Escondido restaurant opened in 1991, we have stayed true to these founding principles, without compromise. At Ted's, you are not just a customer, but our guest. We strive to make each of our guests feel welcome and special. We are passionate about continuing to prepare our fresh delicious food daily, by hand. We are dedicated to serving you with humility and heart. Our goal is to exceed your expectations on each and every visit!
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Ted's is one of the very best Mexican Restaurants in OKC. Great service, great food! I had the chicken fajita enchilada. Just perfect!

David F, Owner at Ted's Cafe Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

We're so glad you enjoyed the chicken fajita enchiladas! It's great to have you as a fan, and we hope you'll be back our way again soon. Thanks for the review! -Ted's Management

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Ted's has always been a favorite but we have been on a diet and not been there for a while because we can't resist the chips and salsa. We went again a few nights ago and everything was super. Excellent service, delicious food and a friendly atmosphere. We also found there are foods that won't break your diet and you can resist the extra baskets of chips We recommend Ted's on or off a diet. Great evening!

We're happy to be a favorite! It's great to hear you've always been a fan, and after your hiatus, it was great to welcome you back for another meal. We're glad everything hit the spot and appreciate your recommendation. Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Until next time,

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Previous to my most recent visit, I found Teds to be far too overrated. Never understood the crowds. I’d been 3 times before at different locations and flat out did Not like the food. (I love food and love Mexican in general, so that’s kind of crazy). I finally found something that was good! The CHICKEN SALAD of all things.. sooo good. Caramelized onions really set it off. The sopapillas are good too. If I return I’ll be having both again!

David F, Owner at Ted's Cafe Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

We're glad you found something you loved! It's great to hear you came back to see us and were such a fan of the chicken salad. We're always happy to make recommendations if you'd like to try something else, and we hope to welcome you back for another meal sometime soon.

Best,

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Most of the time there is a wait BUT, totally worth it. Love the atmosphere, staff and the food and drinks are the best!

David F, Owner at Ted's Cafe Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Great to hear you're a fan! We appreciate you waiting it out on busy days, and we hope we'll be seeing you for an even better experience before too long.

Until then,

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I met some family here for dinner while on business in OKC. Staff are friendly and energetic. Lots of people were having birthdays while we were here and it was nice to see the staff singing happy birthday and spreading joy. Most might find this annoying but it really did not interrupt us and I liked watching people smile.

Now the food. They serve queso and hot sauce with their chips. The queso is not what I am used to but it was ok. My enchiladas had chili on them which was unique. In my Tex-NEX life chili is more of a sauce and does not contain the meat like this place serves. It was ok but not the best I have ever had. I recommend people try this place out!

Thanks for coming our way for a meal. While we're glad you enjoyed the atmosphere, we are sorry to hear that your meal didn't meet your expectations. Next time, we recommend adding spicy atomic salsa to your best Mexican tacos or switching up the sauce on your enchiladas to see if that is more in line with your personal taste preferences. Feel free to ask a manager for other suggestions on how we can improve your dining experience. We hope you'll allow us the opportunity to make a better impression in the future.

Until next time,