“Food was delicious. Just a few issues ”

Mantel Wine Bar & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mantel Wine Bar & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 1,774 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Price range: US$15 - US$15
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mickey Mantle Drive
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

The place has a great atmosphere. However they were out of a lot of things. Several wines off the wine list weren’t available. They were out of lobster bisque, and desserts. But what we did order was delicious. The salad was fresh and delicious. The steak was cooked perfect and the server was attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

We made reservations for New Year's Eve a few days ahead, making the choice based on the menu and ratings. The afternoon of the reservation, we received a confirmation call and we told that it was fixed price tasting menu, something that should not have been left until it was too late to change the reservation. On arrival we were seated in the cozy restaurant. The prix fixe menu said there was a two hour limit on table time and an added 20% gratuity. It was 20 minutes before a server appeared. I counted 11 front of house staff for 20 tables, thinking that should be adequate for great service. The cocktails were well crafted, a cosmo and a bellini. The "shrimp cocktail shooters" was two poached shrimp with a bit of cocktail sauce that were pretty ordinary. I had the lobster bisque which would have been tasty if not terribly over salted. The duck breast in cherry jus was nearly raw and very fatty. The rice and apple pilaf it was served with was cold. My spouse's steak was disappointing in that it was tough, served on a bed of greasy Dauphanoise potatoes and spears of asparagus with uneatably tough asparagus. The wine menu was extensive and we were happy with our choices. The dessert was a strawberry cake, that was tasty, but nothing better than any home cook could make from a boxed mix. We were pleased to be leaving.

This is not a place I want to go back to.

1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 8 December 2017

The food here is pretty expensive but it is delicious. I was in Oklahoma on a business trip so just went to a restaurant close to the hotel I was staying at. Very much enjoyed the lobster ravioli and the red wine was delicious. I would go back if I was ever in Oklahoma again.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Dined at Mantel's Wine Bar and Bistro recently and enjoyed my dinner here very much. This restaurant is located in Bricktown on Sheridan Avenue.

Dinner reservation was made by way of TripAdvisor (through OpenTable) around one week in advance. Reservation confirmation was received instantly. We were well received upon arrival and serviced very well throughout our meal.

For appetiser, we tried the Chicken Brochettes ($13) that were interesting. This was a serving of five chicken with artichoke surrounded with a strip of bacon. While tasting pretty good, the bacon did overpowered the artichoke. Might try something different next time.

For main, we had the Montel Delmonico ($39) prepared middle rare. This was a nice cut, well-grilled, juicy and flavourful - a very good steak. The sauce served with the steak was unnecessary, detracting from the great taste of the steak on its own. Asparagus and garlic mash potato were perfect sides. I'd happily reorder this steak again.

In the end, I enjoyed my recent meal at Mantel's as much as a dinner taken here four years ago. I found no reason to not dine here again during future stays in Oklahoma City.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

All had the Prime Filet and everything was exceptional! The parm risotto is a MUST!!!!!! The bread with balsamic was amazing. Such GREAT food for the price!!!