US$143
  • Breakfast included
US$118
Homewood
1,727 results
All reviewsthe red piano barhistoric hotelpark avenue grilllobby barheart of downtowncorner roomroom servicebeautiful lobbywithin walking distancewonderful hotelvalet parkingvalet servicebrick townbreakfast buffetconvention centerbusiness tripbricktown area
Reviewed 5 March 2012

It's a really nice hotel. Beautiful old building; crisp hotel uniforms. Ah, but the devil is in the details. First and foremost, make sure the comforter doesn't have black mold stains. If I wasn't as lazy and generally apathetic as I am, I would have called and had it replaced. But, it became a game to see if they would notice or care when they made the room every day. They didn't. Next, the in-room dining menu. Wow. Throw truffle-oil on anything and you have a winner, right? The menu was limited and honestly not great. And the food delivery change, and an additional 18% fee automatically added? I thought the Sheridan a block away had a far superior menu, and the food tasted better. What’s next? Oh, yes, the internet. Come on now. $9.99 a night per device? Seriously? This is the only Hilton that I can ever remember staying at that charged for internet. And I was a Hilton Honors Platinum for a while before my account went inactive. At least, for the Skirvin’s sake, it seems that every single hotel in Oklahoma City charges for internet. It doesn’t make it right, it just makes you greedy. And lastly, the 42 in LG flat screen TVs. They’re great. They’re pretty. But, they’re look, don’t touch. No HDMI inputs to play movies via devices. If you have an iPad or Android tablet, you have to pay a second $9.99 internet fee to get wireless, and you cannot plug in your HDMI adapter and watch Netflix or anything else on these TVs. Why, Hilton? Why, Skirvin? Is it because we’re only allowed to watch movies on the TV that we pay extra for? More nickel and diming? This is a beautiful Hilton hotel. But, beauty is more than skin deep and the Skirvin gots some ugly hiding behind the makeup and façade.

6  Thank Adam L
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear AdamL,
We thank you for your feedback and have shared the constructive comments with our Team. I am sorry we did not live up to your expectations.We strongly believe in our Hotel, our Staff and service delivery, but recognize that we can learn from your experience. We are already in the process of re-evaluating our In-Room Dining menu. However, HDMI hook-ups do exist on our TV's and Internet fees are throughout the entire brand. As a previous Platinum member you received the courtesy as part of the related benefits in the past. We sincerely hope you will consider us for a return visit and look forward to that.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Well I'm sure it was a lovely building in the day. The last renovation was obviously low bidder, lots of missing and popped out tiles in the lobby, cheap furniture, bad paint and horrible mold/mildew smell in every room I checked. I can live with the hiltonesqueness that does not come anywhere near matching the period of the original building and the poorly executed renovation, but my allergies were killing me the whole time i was stuck in this dump! I went through an entire bottle of allergen reducer febreeze on my second day to no avail, if it wasn't for diphenhydramine and pseudophedrine, I would have been in the hospital after the third night. If you are allergic to mold stay away!
Truly an underwhelming facility, hope that I never come back to OKC!
Thank go the lobby bar was good, if it wasn't for drinking heavily I would not have made it through this trip!

Room Tip: if you have allergies to mold and or mildew pick another hotel!
1  Thank duckfisney
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Duckfisney,
We appreciate you taking the time to review our wonderful Hotel. While I am very sorry that your allergies acted up during your visit to OKC, I streneously assure you that NO mold issue exists in this most amazing landmark building in downtown OKC. We are proud of our renovations 5 years ago as well as our unique historic features, including the 100 year old original Lobby floor which is in extraordinary shape. The memories created and the services provided & experienced have been memorable for 5 generations in this market. As currently one of the highest ranked and award winning Hilton's in the Americas, we hope that you will experience the same during any potential future visit. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

A bit oldish but classy hotel.

Lively bar on ground floor. Friendly customer service. Beautiful and efficient lobby with high ceilings.

Room of good size. Perfectly clean. I had a corner room with lots of light. No separate shower, only bath. Good-sized desk and large TV.

Beautiful bed cover with hotel history written on it. Nice Armchair with small support chair for legs - loved it!

Good location next to nightlife.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room - lots of light
1  Thank Valux01
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear ClientServiceExpert,
Thank you kindly for your review and endorsement of the historic Skirvin, in the center of it all in OKC. We appreciate you taking the time to do so. Continued best wishes for safe travels.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I live in this area and have watched the Skirvin go through many changes over the past 37 years. We are delighted that it was finally remonvated and re-opened. I am a member of a professional licensing board in our state and we hosted our national organization's annual meeting last November (2011) and includes professionals from the US states and Candadian provinces. No other place would do, but the Skirvin. They provided the three day meeting with eveything we needed - meeting space in the main hotel was adequate and beautiful. Meals which were buffet style were superb.
The beauty of this vintage hotel is incredible - from the main lobby with its draperies and fine wood to the beautiful rooms with comfortable beds and all the ammenities. I so enjoyed staying the night, which I rarely get to do since I live here. My husband joined me and it was a special time for us to be "away". We felt as if we wer in another town and state!
I know that some reviewers are not pleased with paying for wi-fi in the rooms, but I find this to still be standard in many hotels nationwide. It would be nice though to have that.
All of the staff were pleasant and accomodating. I would have other events here and would stay here for sure again.
Thanks to the Skirvin for making our meeting a welcoming and hospitable event for my colleagues nationally and from Canada!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear JLynne52,
We are delighted with your excellent review and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay.
I highly apprciate your review and the description of the Hotel and Services. Your fantastic comments have been shared with our entire Team. We hope to see you soon for another business meeting and/or staycation.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Under impressed. Description states rotunda suite has separate shower and bathtub. Room had no tub. Description says two bathrobes, only one in room. Paid extra for a high floor and ended up on the fifth floor. Called the front desk shortly after arrival and was told, it is what it is. We are sorry we are not meeting your standards please try to enjoy your stay. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2012
MartinvanderLaan, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Dear JJD0523,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to review our property. I trust you have received my private response as well and I want to apologize one more time for not living up to your expectations. We appreciate you pointing out the error related to the tub/shower arrangement in our amazing Rotunda Suites on our website, which will be corrected ASAP. I am sorry we were not able to accommodate your Request for an upgrade to a higher floor and assure you once more that you were NOT charged for the upgrade. I trust you are satisfied with the resolution and assure you that your comments have been shared with our Team for appropriate reaction internally. Please extend my sincere birthday congratulations to your wife once more.