“Lovely Hotel with Really Large Rooms!”

The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City
Ranked #10 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 November 2012

65 of my women friends and I recently stayed the weekend at the Skirvin to celebrate the birthday of one of our friends. We toured the memorial, the Chihully exhibit at the museum, enjoyed the horse races and celebrated the birthday with a huge dinner at the hotel. First, the event coordinators were exceptional - they worked with us on everything we requested. The food was excellent; so good in fact, that I contacted the hotel after we got home to request the dessert recipe for the Chocolate Pots de Creme the chef prepared for our celebration! The guest rooms were wonderfully large - the only drawback was double beds rather than queen beds in the double rooms. The bathroom was also large, clean and very pretty! And while we never heard a thing from our room, the hotel is in a prime location for guests; we rode in the elevator with (really tall) players from a visiting professional basketball team! I highly recommend this lovely hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

Dear Good_Deal_Traveler
Thank you so very much for your recommendation. We remember your awesome group and are glad you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. We appreciate your patronage and the terrific feedback received.
Martin van der Laan I General Manager I martinvanderlaan@skirvinhilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,613)

Reviewed 19 November 2012

Thank you, thank you to front desk staff Vickie and Brian and wonderful bellman Val for a truly enjoyable stay. Vickie and Brian handled a potentially horrible problem with grace, humor, and sensitivity. They were a joy to see at the front desk every shift and without them, this review could easily have been much different.

To Val...what a wonderful, friendly and helpful person you are!! Thank you for your easy smile and true interest in us and in my daughter. Every time I saw you, you went out of your way to offer a kind greeting and to give my 17-month-old some of your time. I actually looked forward to leaving the hotel when you were on duty.

I hope the management realizes and appreciates you all...Vickie, Brian, and Val. You made my conference trip much more pleasant!!

For more kudos, see my review of the Park Avenue Grill and manager Nick!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Dear Magpie1230,
We are most grateful for the recognition of Vickie & Brian at the Front Desk, Val at the Bellstand and Nick & Leeanne in the Park Avenue Grill. Thank you for both your terrific reviews on the TripAdvisor hotel site AND the Park Avenue Grill restaurant site. We sincere appreciate you taking the time to do so and for your awesome reviews and endorsement.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

This property is centrally located within walking distance to major restaurants and area attractions. I recommend that you use valet parking, its simply and easy. The property was very nice and service was great. My room was clean and fresh and the nighy rate was a great value. After a long day I didnt feel like going out to eat so I ordered room service. Once again the service was prompt and the food was terrific. Thanks HILTON.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank tophatafc
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Dear tophatafc,
We are indeed in the center of it all in OKC both for business and entertainment. Thank you for recognizing that and the great feedback provided regarding service,your room, location, In-Room dining and our staff. We sincerely appreciate you comments.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed at the Skirvin Hilton for 3 nights in October of 2012. Due to the last minute nature of my trip I ended up having to book a rotunda suite which was not inexpensive, but at least was very nice and quite large. The sitting room, bedroom, and bathroom were all quite spacious, very clean, and decorated stylishly.

I also ate breakfast at the restaurant in the lobby each morning and it was really great. I ordered breakfast one time and twice enjoyed the buffet - lots of options from eggs, pancakes, lox, breads, omelettes, etc. The bar on the other side of the lobby is also a nice spot.

The building itself and the lobby were restored a few years back and it's really a unique, historic-feeling place.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Dear abbeyleelewis,
I am thrilled you had an excellent experience in OKC and at the Skirvin. Our Rotunda suites are unique indeed, as well as the historic Lobby, Park Avenue Grill and Red Piano Lounge. Our Team is extremely pleased that you had a memorable stay and we hope to see you soon once again.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed here to celebrate my hubby's birthday. The hotel was as I expected decorated nicely, very clean and will kept. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Our room was a corner room on the 7th floor and it was very quiet and peaceful, but not much of a view. Just 2 parking garages. I probably would have given it 5 stars, but 24.00 for valet parking is a little steep for the price of the room. We used the gym and pool and enjoyed the piano lounge. We did not eat any meals at the hotel so I could not comment on the restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mom2toopreciouskids
MartinvdL, General Manager at The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear Momtooprecious,
Your feedback was highly appreciated, as well as the recognition of our wonderful staff. I am thrilled you enjoyed the Red Piano Lounge , our indoor pool and the fitness facilities.Unfortunately none of the downtown garages are managed nor owned by any of the downtown hotels. Our valet parking rates are very much comparable throughout the City. I sincerely thank you for your patronage and taking the time to review our amazing property.