“OKC’s Best Steak”

Mahogany Prime Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Mahogany Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 1,774 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Price range: US$10 - US$99
Description: This is a restaurant where steak is the star – where great steak is the rule, not the exception. Mahogany’s steaks are the finest custom-aged U.S. Prime Midwestern Beef known for its excellence in marbling, texture and flavor. We broil it exactly the way you like it at 900 degrees to lock in the corn-fed flavor. We serve it sizzling on a heated plate so that it stays hot throughout your meal. Selections from the ocean include Australian Rock lobster and the freshest fish daily based on availability. Service will be outstanding, but provided in a casual, less intimidating fine-dining atmosphere.
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Being a native New Yorker, I have dined at excellent steak houses with expensive price tags, and Mahogany Grill can compete with the best of them in every aspect, including price tag. It was a beautiful restaurant and we liked the booth set up which was intimate and cozy for the five of us. The service was outstanding (shout out to Jordan and his team).The 5 of us ordered different cuts of steak and all of them were tasty, tender and cooked to perfection. I especially loved the Bison 8 oz filet with peppercorns! The barrata was a great appetizer, as were the large house salad and the giant shrimp cocktail! The warm sourdough bread was delicious and I highly recommend sides of brussels sprouts and mushrooms. Carrot cake was a good choice for desert as was a brûlée carmelized cheese cake. The price for OKC was eye-opening, but in NYC, we wouldn’t haven’t blinked twice. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Food was great, as expected. The staff were really nice and helpful. We were early due to seating limitations. Our waiter/waitress socialized a bit which always helps when in a fine dining rest. Atmosphere has good vibes. We dined at similar place the night before and we were disappointed. Mahogany quickly satisfied this night's dinner.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We come to OKC every October for the Morgan Horse Wold Championship and try a new steak house every year. This year was Mahogany Prime and based upon our experience next year will be the same. We had 9 in our party and everyone had a different dish and the common them was Streak melts in your mouth Delicious. Cook exactly as asked. We started with the seafood appetizer. It was fantastic. I personally had a Cesar salad and it was good a little lite on the dressing but tasty. Then went on the the cowboy ribeye and the flavor was perfect. Little butter salt and cracked pepper and cooked to perfection. I did notice they are very generous with the use of Pepper so if that is not to you liking say so up front. Also had the creamed corn which is full of butter but thats how I liked it.. Ended with Chocolate Cake which was some of the best i have had in some time. The servers were very attentive and had very good knowledge of the large wine list which was a little expensive but not unusual for a high end steak house. The place is small but very nice ambience.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

People that give this a 5 go there apparently on special occasions and it's compared to their everyday fast food dining out experience. Since I'm from NYC and have dined in some of the best in the world I can personally qualify this place as nothing special. The Filet steak ordered medium-rare+ was sent back twice. First time it was loaded with Grizzle throughout and cooked rare. The second time still under-cooked cool red center but they informed me since the plate was scalding hot the meat was still cooking and should be fine if I be patient. All food seasoned with the use of salt and pepper was ABUSED with salt and pepper. If I want spicy dishes I'll go to a Latin restaurant which is apparently where their kitchen personnel come from. Nice ambience but noisy(not enough acoustic treatment) and had to have the wait staff repeat themselves constantly. Only plus was the wait staff they were terrific. You can get better food in just as noisy environment for a whole lot less money at Texas Roadhouse and a bonus, parking is free.
ps. It was my wife's birthday and no treats(chocolates, candies, etc.) were offered as stated in other reviews and my wife's Halibut was dry as sawdust.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

First time here the other night ... they started us out warm bread & soft butter in a small dish .... I ordered the 8oz sirloin steak which I must say literally melted in my mouth... seriously, it was that good ... side of mac and cheese was so so .. I'll probably order a different side next time ... desert was "key lime pie" now this is a must have it was fantastic!! I will be back again for sure!

1  Thank SHANE R