“Cool bar, but for food go down the street”
Review of Sabores

Sabores
Ranked #21 of 30 Restaurants in Skiatook
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Sabores is basic Tex-Mex that nudges up to a level that meets or very slightly exceeds "sort of OK". Service was slow and a bit disorganized, though clearly well intended and the food was served hot and had a bit of flavor and character to it. The little bar there is more fun and frankly, I would be tempted to have a drink there before going a few blocks to the west to a much better Mexican food place.

Hopefully they will aim toward menu options that are more distinctive and somewhat better executed. For now, their competition in town runs circles around them for basically the same price.

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

Ate here for the first time and all four meals were great. My Chile Verde was seasoned perfectly. The soft tortillas were soft and hot as well. Other standouts were the carne asada tacos and the crispy tacos. The refried beans had an awesome flavor. The staff was friendly and spot on.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

It's your typical Tex mex stuff...nothing amazing. Watch the waiter though...he might give someone else your drink after asking for a refill. Unfortunately the man he gave my refill to took a drink out of my straw Needless to say I watch where my drink comes from next time

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

This was our first time at this restaurant. The cucumber salsa is wonderful! Chips were warm and fresh. Prices very reasonable, portion size was just right. Food was wonderful, perfectly seasoned and served perfectly. Staff was friendly and very professional. This is a much needed good Mexican restaurant for our town, and well on it's way to becoming one of our favorites. Atmosphere is relaxing and food is some of the best we've had since our trip to Mexico. I recommend this place highly.

Reviewed 23 January 2016

Sports bar/restaurant type, NO beer yet, several big screen TV’s, all playing the same channel. Parking is in the rear, behind the restaurant. Of the four Mexican style fast food/restaurants in Skiatook, I’d rank this as dead last. We had three adults in our small group. Beer is listed on the menu but was told NO Beer. The salsa and chips were served only a few minutes before the meal was brought to the table, our waitress didn’t get the order correct. The restaurant hasn’t been open very long, so that could account for the inexperienced cook and wait staff. The servers couldn’t seem to keep the tables or customers straight on which meal went to what table or which customer. As for the food, it was served lukewarm and lacked flavor, we left disappointed.

Been to Sabores? Share your experiences!