“Great atmosphere, food was a let down”
Review of El Guapo's Cantina

El Guapo's Cantina
Ranked #67 of 1,398 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2018

Downtown Mexican cantina with roof bar is easy on the eyes and provides a neat place to go but the great food falls short. The chips and salsa were fine but the combo plate that we had left us unimpressed. Small portions, bland and overall tasted like a tv dinner.
I would go back for a margarita on the roof but that's it.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

The food was great - the chips were delicious and never-ending along with the salsa. Guacamole was very good. I got vegan fajitas and they were excellent. Service was really good as well. I would recommend to anyone visiting Tulsa.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve stopped at El Guapo’s to eat every time I’m in Tulsa, which is about two hours away from where I live. The restaurant has a nice selection of menu from diverse Spanish regions, and I absolutely love the atmosphere. El Guapo’s is housed in what is clearly a former factory and is decorated with colorful tablecloths and ceiling lampshades. You’ll enjoy it, trust me.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

I came across El Guapo's by word of mouth advertising provided by a hotel staff member at the Doubletree in town.

The restaurant was clean, staff was friendly, had strong recommendations, and the menu had plenty of options.

I personally ordered a combination plate consisting of a beef/cheese empanada, chicken enchilada and taco. The food was of good quality and tasted nice.

I recommend if one is looking for a mid-range and sit-down Mexican restaurant.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

I lived in Tulsa for a few years, and returned after a few years of absence with a group of 20 people and took them here; I selected this restaurant because we had done multiple large group dinners there and also frequented as our downtown go-to. I was sorely disappointed by the service at every turn. I called ahead to make a reservation for 20 and after verifying with her manager that a group that large could be accommodated, we confirmed the reservation. I arrived 10 minutes early just in case and so that someone was there when the rest of the party arrived. The hostess complained that I was there early and audaciously noted the exact number of minutes early that I arrived. Then, they seated us 10 minutes late. I can't help but feel that was out of pure spite. This restaurant provides individuals with their own salsa bowls so that individuals do not need to share. Some of the guests didn't realize that the bowls would be refilled as staff came by and began stacking their empty salsa bowls then requested a refill. The waitress sarcastically commented that she didn't know how many to get and that we could un-stack the now dirty and mixed up salsa bowls. Our meal took over 25 minutes to arrive. One of our dishes came with a long hair laying in it and dishes were given to the wrong individuals and then simply handed to the appropriate minutes. The staff were consistently flustered despite telling us they could handle a group

Needless to say I was very disappointed and some what embarrassed that I brought a group of over 25 individuals from out of town to what I had remembered to be a Tulsa icon and we had less than a pleasant experience. I will not be returning or recommending this restaurant to anyone visiting town.