“good food and laid back atosphere”
Review of El Guapo's Cantina

El Guapo's Cantina
Ranked #69 of 1,464 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Not a place most would choose for Easter dinner, but just my wife and I decided to try a place that was new to us. El Guapo downtowm Tulsa in the Blue Dome district was not very crowded early on a Sunday for lunch.
The service was quick and attentive, but not overpowering. Drinks, chips/salsa, and appetizer Guacomole were brought promptly abd served efficiently. Drinks were filled without asking and entres arrived in timely manner.
The food was good, fresh guacomole and chips, the salsa was more picante style instead of usual chunky tomato which I enjoyed immensly with just enough spiciness to enhance taste. Entres of chicken enchiladas and salsa verde wet burrito were ample portions and appetizing to look at. Enchiladas were a bit bland, but not bad tasting. The hit was the salsa verde wet burrito filled with seasoned carnitas, rice, black beans, and cheese with guacomole and sour cream on the side. Verde sauce and melted queso covered the outside. The only thing that kept this selection from being it's best was lacking in temperature. The burrito was barely warm when served.
Overall, a good dinig experience and I would eat there again.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Went with friends and were lucky enough to get a table on the roof. It was a nice evening for a margarita and some Mexican food, service was great, food was good and the margaritas were wonderful. I will go back again soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We have gone to this restaurant for years. Went today, and the entire restaurant has changed. The Chile rellenos were frozen and then deep fried. Disgusting. The fish tacos were also hard and frozen. So obviously not fresh, not cut and sautéed. They no longer have the different sauces or moles.

This restaurant has always been our go-to spot in Tulsa. It’s texmex but was innovative. The mole was fabulous, the fish tacos were soft and well-made.
We are VERY disappointed.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I love the atmosphere of the downtown location however I have never been impressed with their Mexican cuisines. I think the rooftop patio is what people go to this location for. However, for some reason since the South location opened I go to that location and LoVe their wet burrito, it just tastes better for some reason!?

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Downtown Mexican cantina with roof bar is easy on the eyes and provides a neat place to go but the great food falls short. The chips and salsa were fine but the combo plate that we had left us unimpressed. Small portions, bland and overall tasted like a tv dinner.
I would go back for a margarita on the roof but that's it.