“Good old fashioned breakfast ”

Sumpter Junction Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 52 Restaurants in Baker City
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Headed out of town I pulled into the Junction and thought I would give it a try. Seated promptly and coffee wasn’t far behind. Breakfast was good and hearty. Servers were very nice and efficient.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

We were pleasantly surprised to find this quality cafe right off of Interstate 84. I tried the corned beef eggs benedict. It had small chunks of tasty corned beef over hash browns and English muffins. The eggs were cooked exactly as I ordered. My wife had the mushroom burger. She enjoyed the fact that it was not a real runny, sloppy burger. They have a little model train that runs around the cafe for fun.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

This is in an old, tired building that has not been updated in a very long time..
It is clean and smells clean except for the windows

The pancakes were heavy and gummy.
Scrambled eggs were not lite and fluffy but merely scrambled and fried.

Coffee is good.
French toast was good.

Service was prompt and friendly.

An average diner for travelers.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Sumpter Junction is your average small town restaurant - nothing especially glorious, but friendly service, decent comfort food, and affordable prices. The interior could use a massive update, but it is clean. I frequented often when living in Baker and never had an experience that turned me off from the place. Good for kids with the food selection and the model train.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped in here for breakfast in order to Denver on that and they were very good
there was plenty of food and we probably could've shared one breakfast for both of us but it was still very good the pancakes were cooked perfectly and the staff was very friendly will definitely stop here again