1,052 results
All reviewsattached restaurantfree breakfastsliding doorroom was cleanon site restauranttruck stopoutdoor poolwould stay here againnice place to stayfirst floorhot tuboff the highwayrooms are largeeastern oregonfront desk clerksmall towncoupon
Reviewed 1 August 2018

We stopped here for one night while passing through the area on a road trip. The place has gone from a Best Western to private ownership and is under MAJOR renovation but they still provided a restful and refreshing stop. Room was comfortable and clean. Dining room was closed as part of the renovation but the Bar did a fine job of covering drinks and snacks. We did not dine here but looking at others who did the food looked fine. We did enjoy the refreshing pool! The flowers throughout are beautiful. Staff at the desk and the Bar were very friendly and helpful. Next trip through the area I certainly would stay here again and suspect with renovations done it will be even better! They did say renovations would be on hold through August and expected to be completed in September.

Room Tip: We had an outside room facing the parking lot and mountains but in the future I would pick a room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JZZJ
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here many years as a Best Western and were very concerned when we saw it went independent and read other reviews. We stayed there last night and our room was completely remodeled. The place is a work in progress but you can tell they are trying. We would go back and look forward to see it completed. The restaurant is closed but appears to be under remodel too. There is a pretty simple continental breakfast but good to send you on your way.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa A
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here every summer for 25 years. The pool is oustanding, the food is great. The ambience is super relaxing ( courtyard ) the rooms are clean and the beds are comfy. I just brought my kids here for the first time and they agree it’s as magical as I said it was. I won’t stay anywhere else in Baker.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this property once before. When I booked this room for my husband’s high school reunion this year it was still a Best Western property. It has now gone independent and is undergoing refurbishment. It might be a good motel in six months or a year, but for now avoid this property. Room had ripped curtains and ripped carpeting in halls. Upon check in no hangers, toilet paper holder or TV remote. Ice machine empty. Our keys quit working after first night. Bar staff friendly as was housekeeping staff. Front desk workers were like robots, answering to so many complaints. Pool was busy with kids. Plenty of pool towels were available. Complimentary Continental breakfast was fine. My recommendation for the price Sunridge is asking, look elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BeeKind2
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I had a class reunion to attend on July 20 and 21,2018. There were 3 class reunions as well as Miners Jubilee in town this weekend. I made a reservation for this date in April for 2 nights in a King room. When checking in I found I had a queen room for $158.00 per night. I went to the office and showed them my confirmation and was told there was nothing they could do as they were sold out. The desk clerk was not concerned at all. I also noticed that the queen room had a strong smell of cat urine and there were about 2 dozen flies in the room. I told the office they could provide me with a different room or I would purchase an insect fogger and I would fog their room before I shared it with 2 dozen flies for 158.00 per night. They moved me to a suite for one night and told me I would have to move to a different room for night 2. After the first night I checked out and will never return to this hotel again. The manager also didn’t care about this situation.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo